Chapter 43

Asher POV

We sat on the balcony and stared at the stars. "Who knew our lives could change so drastically in a matter of days." Jillian spoke up. Violet nodded along with Caleb.

"I'm very glad it did." He spoke up. I've never seen him with this kind of love before. He reminds me of a boy going through puberty and falling in love with a high school girl. Adolescent love is humorous, or at least that's what I thought until I met Violet. I'm not complaining, the love and sacrifice is worth it. There is an indescribable feeling when you're in the presence of your mate. I cuddled closer to Violet. The electricity shock zoomed through my veins.

"The energy between you and your mate when you touch is amazing. Do you guys feel that?" Violet must've read my mind. I smiled to the sound of her smooth voice. Jillian nodded with a content look on her face.

Crickets chirped in the moonlight. A knock sounded from a guard. I stood to open the door. A chill traveled down my spine when I did not have Violet in my arms.

"Someone is here to see you, your highness. He suggests that you bring Miss Violet as well." Once he finished, he waited patiently for Violet and I to follow him. I looked back to the seated trio and their eyes were observing the both of us closely.

We were completely clueless as to who might be knocking on our doors this late at night. Once we turned the corner to face the main hall, a low growl came from inside of me. I stood in front of Violet protectively.

"How dare you enter behind these walls!" My voice thundered for an answer. He cleared his throat and stepped forward then bowed his head.

"I am here to address the new omega, Violet. Our clan needs a leader. The heiress of the Alpha is suggested to return back with me before the werewolf community breaks apart. But I have come here to give a couple options." He paused then looked straight at Violet.

"You can leave the Sinclairs and come home, or you can choose to stay here and wait for what is to come." He stood and waited for an answer but when he realized that Violet did not have one, he bowed his head once more and excused himself. My gaze followed his retreating back until the front doors closed shut.

I turned around to see Violet's eyebrows furrowed. She was in deep thought. She had to stay here and be the queen of vampires, but she could also leave me to lead the pack.

"I choose neither. Shouldn't there be an option that I could rule on both the vampire and werewolf side? Isn't there someone else lower than an omega to rule them?" She was rabbling as the wheels in her mind were spinning at the speed of light.

I simply shook my head. I will not let her leave my sight. She is not leaving the vampire side. She sighed and walked off. I didn't bother following after her, she needed her space to think, and I respect that; meanwhile, I trailed back to Caleb and Jillian in a trance.

Violet POV

Even if I did negotiate with the pack and be the omega, things would be hectic ruling both vampires and werewolves- not to mention that they're enemies. Ash would never forgive them for killing his Father. I need some air. I need peace and quiet.

I sat on a bench near the fountain with my head in my hands. Don't think, just do Violet. Ash would love you for whatever decision you make. Never leave his side. Somewhere in the back of my mind, a female voice was whispering those words over and over again.

I stood suddenly and paced around the fountain. If I sneak off the grounds, then the boundaries would be alerted. I need to find a sneaky way to get through the security system. Caleb. Her mysterious voice echoed. He's with Jillian. Ash probably made his way back to them. I could fetch a guard to send the message to Caleb.

Moments later, Caleb approached me. He looked worried. I took a glance around us and made sure that nobody was eavesdropping. "I need you to turn the boundary security system off. I need to go on a walk. I can't stay behind these walls and think straight." I said. He raised an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes. "Pretty please." He crossed his arms and wouldn't budge.

I sighed. "Fine, I'll tell Jilly how amazing and awesome you are." That put a smile on his face. I groaned and rolled my eyes again. He is like a little kid in love, but I knew a bit of bribery would work.

When he returned, he told me that I had a five minute window before the system was up and running again. I nodded and told him to turn it off again at dawn. He nodded slowly.

"Whatever you're doing, Violet, be careful. I'll keep the secret from Ash, but if he forces it out of me, then I'm going to have to tell him." Caleb stated. I nodded and hugged him quickly. Caleb returned into the castle like nothing happened and I bolted through the woods.

I approached the wall and jumped. With one leap, I was crouched on top of the very tall wall. I hopped down with grace and bolted off. I didn't know where to run, but I did catch the man's scent. Everything was a blur as I followed in his steps.

I ran and ran until I stopped at a gated entrance. The stone building looked massive and scary. There was this haunting feeling that gave my entire body goosebumps. The gates opened and there stood several men and women. They bowed their heads and made way for me to the main hall. They didn't say a word and just led me to a room with a long table and many chairs.

"How nice of you to join us, omega." An elderly woman stood at the end of the table dressed in emerald green. "I see you've made your decision to be with us, where you truly belong." A smirk emerged on her face. Something inside her eyes flared. I couldn't pinpoint the draft traveling into the room.

I cleared my throat. "Actually, I have come here to make a proposition regarding my stance between the vampire and werewolves." I started and paused when she lifted an eyebrow. She crossed her arms.

"It is a poor choice to not accept who you really are." She exclaimed.

"Who are you?" I boomed. Who did she think she was? I was getting impatient by the second. Is she going to hear my proposal or not? I do not have all night. I need to head back before sun rise.

She smirked with her stone cold gray eyes. "I am the alpha's mother, my dear."