Chapter 27

Asher POV

"Violet would hate to see you like this." Caleb said from behind me. I sat in a chair and stared out the window; I have been staring out the entire night. He sat beside me. "Ash, stop doing this to yourself. She is still okay, I have a good feeling. We will get her back. They know who they're dealing with and it's obvious on who the stronger team is." I turned to him and saw a reassuring smile on his face, but I didn't say anything and turned back to the window.

He sighed and stood. He patted my shoulder before leaving and closed the door. Tears trickled down my cheeks. How could I have let this happen? If I didn't leave my room, then I would still have a chance at protecting her and Aidan, even though he was okay after the mayhem. He's right though. Violet would hate to see me like this.

Father is probably calling a meeting to all guards, but I didn't want to attend. I just wanted Violet to be safe in my arms again. I overpowered Xavier and everybody knew that.

I trudged my way to the battle room and saw Father shouting orders and plans. "Blue team scout the area within a 100 yards radius and stand guard at the perimeters. Red and Green team will have to be ready for any attack or surprises. Caleb, make sure you bring your best men for the front line attack. Does anyone have an update or clue on where they are?" He perked his head over the crowd and saw that I had entered.

"Asher, make sure you stay with Caleb. He needs his best soldiers. Okay everyone, I want full concentration on this attack. Let's try to get this done within 72 hours. Yellow team scout out the area and spread out in the woods to cover more land. Move out!" His finished his speech and walked directly towards me.

Caleb followed him. Father gave me a reassuring nod and hug. "Everything will be okay, son. We will have her back in no time." I nodded and walked off with Caleb to see who else he would be recruiting as his best guards.

Wow, these men could easily beat me in a fist fight. Their strength and agility put me down from the leaderboards. I enjoyed being second, after Caleb. Well looks like Caleb is still first. I sighed and rolled my eyes when Caleb looked at me with a smirk. "You see, my friend, I have my secret weapons that I never felt the need to show you."

"Piss off man." I shoved him away from me and walked out the room. I was not in the mood for teasing. He needs to be serious about this situation. Who knows what Xavier and Anabelle are doing to her now. I did not want my mind to wander and think of the most threatening torture. I took a deep breath and followed Caleb to the stables.