Chapter 9

Violet POV

My eyes were puffy when I woke up in the afternoon. I took a glance at the alarm clock beside my bed and noticed that I slept for more than 10 hours. The last thing I could remember was talking to Asher and then falling asleep. I stretched then prepared myself for the day, well the rest of it.

I made my way to the kitchen right after getting dressed in a tee and some jeans. I gulped down the only thing that was available in the refrigerator. Was is tomato juice or something? It tasted wonderful; something of sweet nectar.

Not knowing what to do for this day, I decided to take a stroll through the garden and through the line of the woods. I heard some screaming and squealing coming from the far east corner, so I headed in that direction.

When I approached a clearing in the woods, I saw Prince Charming chasing after an adorable little boy. I leaned against the tree and stared in admiration, with my arms crossed, until Asher stood up straight and swiftly turned around. A smile reached his face when he met gazes with me. The little boy was still running around in circles when Asher made his way towards me. "How are you feeling?" He asked before saying hello.

"Much better. Thank you." I replied with a sincere smile. My gaze shifted to the little boy standing behind him. He ducked behind Asher's long legs, in hopes that I haven't seen him.

"Hey there, little guy." I said enthusiastically. He peeked his head around his legs and waved with a bright toothless grin. I noted how his other hand was placed behind his own back. I raised an eyebrow at Asher, who only rolled his eyes. His tiny hand was wrapped around a pair of sunglasses.

Smirking, I asked the little boy for the glasses; but he stubbornly shook his head. I tried not to laugh. Asher has to deal with a cute little boy each day. I knelt down to his height. "What is your name?"

"Aidan. How about you, Miss?" He exclaimed with wide curious eyes. I chuckled a bit and replied. "Wow! What a beautiful name, Miss Violet." I was about to smile and say thanks when little Aidan straight up slapped my face. I was kneeling, taken back. Did I just get slapped by a little kid? Yes, yes I did.

"Sowwy Miss Violet, there was a bug resting on your cheek." He patted the area where he slapped me. Asher snickered in the background and when I looked up at him, he was trying his best to not burst out laughing. His face was turning beet red.

I rolled my eyes at him. Gosh these immature guys surrounding me. They were great though. I've never had this much attention from the other gender before. I blushed a bit. How unfortunate. From what I know about Aidan, he seems like a great little buddy and I want to spend more time with him sometime later.

Not shortly after, the three of us went inside to hang out in Aidan's bedroom until he fell asleep.