Chapter Three, Marriage

"It is only an adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves."
- Andre Gide

One sunny morning at the village of Phoenix Drop...

Aphmau's POV
"Aphmau-senpai? Is Aphmau-senpai awake? Aphmau-senpai?" I heard voices outside my room. It was Kawaii-chan, one of our maids. Also the closest friend of mine. "What is it?.." I said, burrying my head on the pillow. "Aphmau-senpai, it's time for your breakfast! Kawaii-chan will help you get ready." I stood up as she enters my room. "...yawn..! Good morning Kawaii-chan! What's today's schedule?" I said while changing my clothes. "Oh! Nothing scheduled today, Aphmau-senpai. Father-kun said that Aphmau-senpai needed some rest since Aphmau-senpai was super exhausted yesterday. So! Father-kun won't be teaching you how to be a Lord today, Aphmau-senpai." She replied, fixing the bed. "Oh, really? Kawaii-chan that's wonderful! Can I go walking and training at the same time at the Forest later?" I said, fixing my hair. "Kawaii-chan doesn't know, Aphmau-senpai. Kawaii-chan knows that Father-kun will be worried about Aphmau-senpai if Aphmau-senpai doesn't have guards by Aphmau-senpai's side.. How about Aphmau-senpai ask Father-kun if one of the guards can protect Aphmau-senpai." She said. Kawaii-chan was done fixing my room and I was done too. We both went to the Dining room and walked close to Father. "Hey Dad! Goodmorning! What's for breakfast today~?" I said, and kissed his cheek, then I sat beside him. "Good morning Aphmau. We will have Bacon Pancakes (makin' bacon pancakes! Bacon pancakes! What? No? Fiinee..) for today." He said while eating. I ate the bacon pancakes in my plate. I wonder where's Levin and Malachi at?

"Hey Dad.."
"What is it?"
"..can I go outside the gates. I want to walk and train while in the woods.. Is that fine with you Father?"
"...Yes. It is fine with me but be careful. I will let Dante go with you."
"Really?! Thanks!" I stood up, ran closed to father and kissed his cheek. "Wait here for a while, I'll call Dante. Kawaii-chan?"
"Yes, Father-kun?"
"Kawaii-chan can you call Dante for me? And Aphmau, you can wait by the gates. Dante will come there for you."

"Yes Father." I walked out of the house and saw Levin and Malachi by the Docks. I walked to them and Levin greeted me with a hug. (Oh, Levin and Malachi are grown up. And also, I'm gonna make them as Aphmau's brother.) "Goodmorning Aph!" Levin said as he let me go. "Oh, hey sis!" Malachi said. "Hey guys! What are you guys both doing?" "We're planning to go to Nekohara Village for Trading with Logan, Kyle and Alexis. Levin will stay since he will help Father with his duties and also teach him some duties and responsibilities about being a Lord." Malachi said. Levin was the one Father planned to became a lord after him. But since I was the one father teached first, It might be me who will become the next lord of Phoenix Drop. But Father said that he will choose between the two of us who will stand as a lord first. "Really? Safe Travels then!" I said as Levin replied, "Heh, we will Aph, we will. Let's talk later since we will be dealing some appointments about the Trades." I waved goodbye at both of them. I was walking around and checked on everyone. I saw Yip, playing with his twin brothers, Lello and Rollo.

I finally went to the gates and waited for Dante. I shot some arrows in the tree, repeating it all over again. Hey, it's a way to practice my shooting skills.

Narration
While Aphmau was waiting on the gates, the Lord of Phoenix Drop and Dante had a conversation that seemed so important.

"Dante, I want you to come with Aphmau outside the gates. Since it was her Rest Day, I wanted her to have fun. Can you that?"

"Yes m'lord I can. But there is something I need to talk about you m'lord."

"What is it?"

"We have received a message from the Village of O'khasis, saying that your Daughter, Princess Aphmau, and their first born son, Prince Garroth will had an arrange marriage. The Lord of O'khasis and Prince Garroth will come here in two days to have a meeting with you, m'lord."

"...Let's get cleaning up. You can go see Aphmau now. But please, don't tell Aphmau about the marriage. I don't want her to be forced to marry someone she hasn't met. But I have a plan. Now go see Aphmau and you can now go outside the gates. She is waiting for you there."

"Thank you, m'lord."

Dante went to the gates to meet Aphmau. The Lord was in complete shock about the forced marriage.. He also knew that Kawaii-chan was eavesdropping, so she called her.

"Come out Kawaii-chan. I know you're in there."

Kawaii-chan walked to Lord Visher, the name of Levin, Malachi and Aphmau's father, and apologized.

"Kawaii-chan is sorry, Father-kun.. Kawaii-chan forgot Father-kun is sharped-eyed.."

"It's ok, Kawaii-chan, just please don't tell anybody about this."

"Yes Father-kun."