Chapter Sixteen, Getting Her Back

"Hearts can break. Yes, Hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we won't."
- Stephen King

Narration
Aphmau has now gotten up and changed clothes. She wore the clothes Cadenza left for her.

Aphmau went outside to see if Emmalyn has answer for her dream. But she stopped by to Cadenza and talked to her. After that she heard a little bit of Cadenza and Laurance's conversation.

"Look Cadenza, I know how much sleep means to you. But I cannot watch over Lady Aphmau while she sleeps...that's creepy for me to do it...

Huh...?
NO I WILL NOT DRESS UP LIKE A GIRL! THAT WON'T MAKE THINGS BETTER! I mean if I did dress up like a girl let's face it... I'd be much hotter than you Cadenza...plus I'd be more fun at slumber parties as a girl than you ever would be so, for YOUR sake. No. I'm not doing it." Laurance said and Aphmau giggled and ran behind a guard. "I'll just hide behind this guy here. Huehue.. Oh, Hello!"

The guy turned around and introduced himself. "Good day m'lady. I see you are new in town. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, my name is Zack. I am the head guard here in Metelli. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with. At the moment I'm a little preoccupied with this ongoing conversation. I have a feeling it's going to be over soon the way Cadenza's brother is speaking with her.

Before you head out on town...welcome to Metelli." Aphmau smiled and said, "Thank you Zack, it's a pleasure to meet you." She now go towards Katelyn and talked to her.

Garroth's Pov
I ran outside and saw Laurance talking to Cadenza, Aphmau talking to the guard...

I felt jealous...for some reason..

After that, she went to talk to Katelyn.

I passed them without them noticing, since I was now leaving to find the Sacred Flower around Metelli. I stopped on my tracks when...

"Heh, Aphmau...can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Emmalyn said you kissed Garroth in your dream...did it feel real?"

So, she dreamt about that?... That must been real...

"Uh...heh...yes."

It was real.

I left. I don't want them to see me eavesdropping on them if I listened longer. But when I was walking away, ready to went outside Metelli to look for the flower, I still hear the girl's conversation.

"Interesting. You see... I don't know Garroth as well as you do. All I know is that he is Zane's brother and allowed himself to betray you..."

My hands curled into fist.

I don't want to remem--sigh..

Katelyn continued.

"..It makes me wonder what could drive a man to betray someone he decides to kiss later.. Were you and Garroth a thing?"

Aphmau....and me..? I guess that won't happen. In my dream only, I guess...

..but I am here to make it happen.

..Aphmau..remember me..always...forever and ever..

"I...No. But before I left the Irene Dimension and he said he love me. And I guess I don't know how long he felt that way about me."

....Aphmau..just wait a little longer and we will be back together.

(Ohh! That rhymed! XD)

I am now facing Metelli's exit. I am ready..

..just wait a little longer, Juliet.

Narration
Aphmau is still having a conversation with Katelyn.

"Hm... For a while probably. In any case, I was just curious. When I was younger I had a dream about kissing a boy I liked back when. Hearing this whole story makes me wonder what that means. It's a surreal experience, I suppose."

(Pause! Do you think that Katelyn was talking about her kissing a boy he liked was Jeffory? I ship Jefflyn! If you didn't notice, Katelyn cried in front of Aphmau about Jeffory killed by Zane. That was sad, actually. Naw, Jefflyn can't sail cuz Jeffory's....gone. (;ω;) )

"Hey Katelyn...can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course, you enteratained my silly question, What's on your mind?"

"I have been thinking about making a new village settlement..."

"If you're trying to ask for my opinion on that issue then, my answer is yes - you should do it. I have this bad feeling if you stay in Phoenix Drop, Levin and Malachi will learn to depend on you and then what happened when you pass away or... you know..

..Since your father just became sick, he's fever grown high and...he has the possibility to be..gone. He already told me who will be the next Lord and that would be Levin. Malachi would be helping him. Lord Visher is now being healed by Lucinda, Kawaii~chan, Donna and even Zoey. They are trying their best to heal the Lord's High Fever.."

"..w-what?! H-How did you know..? When..? Oh my Irene..."

"Don't worry, Aphmau. He was sick when we are about to leave Phoenix Drop. He did not want his daughter to worry so, he made you a bit oblivious.

So, If they finish the wall I say yes, we should find a new place to set our roots. If they don't then.. we can stay to help them but we shouldn't encourage them to seek help all the time.

Now enough talk about that, you should go see if Emmalyn has any answers for you. I'll be here in this mini-meeting."

"Thank you, Katelyn.." Aphmau was now walking around the village of Metelli.. She met new people, Vincent, second in command in Metelli, one of Cadenza's Guards. Likes to flirt in beautiful girls, I guess you can say another version of Laurance. Yuffie, the girl who was in the stables. Aerith, the woman who owns a wheat farm. A nice and kind Lady. Aphmau helped her from the Rat Incident in her basement since, the Rats are attracted to her wheat. Cloud, third in command in Metelli. Shy and Stutters but Brave and Strong. You can also say, another version of Garroth. Tifa, the Librarian in the Metelli Libary.

Aphmau went upstairs in the Libary as Tifa said. She found Emmalyn and went to her.

"Aphmau!"

"The Librarian said Kenmur was your boyfriend...?"

"WHAT?! N-N-N-N-NO! I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW SHE GOT THAT IDEA IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

"Shh! You're in a libary!"

"Oh.. Sorry I forgot! No, Kenmur and I are not in a relationship... she must have made an assumption. In any case, we haven't found anything of use yet. I'll keep you informed if we do find something though!"

"Okay, sounds good! Um.. Kenmur?" Aphmau said as she looked at Kenmur. Kenmur was blushing red yet he is keeping his eyes focused on his book. Aphmau giggled and she saw Cadenza.

"Aphmau there you are!" Cadenza said, and continues the conversation with Aphmau.

Meanwhile...

Garroth has now found the Sacred Flower, Crystalia. He picked it up with the podzol so it is still blooming. He saw the flowers, grass and trees around it started to disapper. He was about to get back when he saw a portal not to far from him.

"...Shadow Souls...someone has opened the nether portal...."

He looked at the flower and said, "..Aphmau..I'm getting you back."