Chapter Twenty-Six, Plans

"God's Plans for my future Are Far Greater than my fears."
- Melen Eagan

In the early morning~…
Zoey's Pov      
I woke up with the sun in my eyes. I decided to stand up and see if Iona's awake. I went downstairs and saw a sleeping Iona, a blanket around her, head on the table, face covered by her hands, seating at the chair, sleeping silently. Beside her is a wrapped box with a sparkling white glittered note.

I came close, avoiding to wake her up and picked up the letter. But what I read, was something different..

"Dear Iona Phoenixia,
I would like to give this special necklace for showing my gratitude of how you are the nicest and carest person I've met. I am mostly seen as a hideous, ugly, big and mean creature, but you made me realize, how personality is more important than beauty of a person. You've always say that, "What are you going to do with a beautiful person, with an ugly personality? That is just a waste of time." And you're right.

Sacrificing yourself away from me, was the biggest and hardest decision you made, and I know that. You even forced your father and my father just to live with me, just to help me, I'm not just a monster untamed, but a person full of kindness inside.

Again, I want to Thank you. You know what happened in the past, but the past is past, cannot be changed. That is why we need to be careful by our reactions and decisions.

This is my way of saying Thank You....and even..

..I love you...

Happy Birthday, My One and Only Rose.

Signed, Zane Ro'meave,
High Priest of O'khasis."

As I finished reading the note, I knew Zane has a little good inside him. I put back the note on its proper place and decided to go walk around Scaleswind, maybe have a trade with a merchant for Phoenix Drop.

One hour later~…

Iona's Pov     
I woke up with my hair tickling my nose as the wind pass by. I noticed a blanket around me, and a wrapped box and a letter.

As I finished reading the letter, I was shocked. I did put the potion on him, as long as I can remember, but I don't know why in Irene he knew all.

As I opened the box, I saw a black and white floral necklace, nd what I noticed was, a name behind the middle half black and white flower, written Zaiona. And thus, this necklace was the rarest ever find and this was the one I wanted for, years.

"Thank You Zane...You really know me alot...

..and I love you..."

Flashback~
After telling Garroth all what happened, I went back to Aph's village to tell her, but then..

...her village was starting to burn...

People screaming in pain, agony, burning, everyone was panicking. I immediately ran as fast as I can to tell Garroth or the others, to help Aphmau. But good thing Garroth already knew about the village burning, because I saw him running where direction was the village was.

Garroth tried and tried, but he wasn't able to save Aphmau.

And now..

..My sister is gone..

End~

Aphmau's Pov    
As Garroth and I walked around Phoenix Drop, I sudden scream was heard.

It was my father's voice...

We quickly ran back to the house, and saw father, coughing blood.

Kawaii~chan and Donna was already there, healing him, just enough to stop him losing blood.

"Kawaii~chan! Donna! W-What happened?!"

"Aphmau-senpai! W-We ran to father-kun as fast as we can b-but what we saw, he was stabbed by a kitchen knife.."

"B-Brian..." Father reclaimed.

Wait...

How did he...

BRIAN?!?!

"No, No, No...This can't be happening! No one can escape that thing unless someone helped...NO!!!"

I ran as fast as I can to find Laurance, today was he shift to--
..no..

A lying body of Laurance was on the floor...

"LAURANCE! W-WHAT HAPPENED?!?"

"T..T..ra..v.." He said, then fainted.

"Laurance! Hang in there!" As I said that, Dante came running in my direction.

"Lady Aphmau, I'll take care of Laurance. Go check if everyone's injured.

I nod then went to the houses. Everyone was perfectly fine, but as I walked by the bridge, Brian was already by the gates, about to escape.

I grabbed my axe and throwed it above his head, just to make him stop.

But the axe hit the gate and he escaped.

I ran to the gates and grabbed my axe, looked around, there was no sign of Brian.

DARN IT!

∞∞∞

As the sun goes down, I was watching by the balcony, seeing the village in a beautiful sight.

Everyone was healed, yet Brian escaped. We need to be prepared in any sort of move Brian does now..

Why this has to do with Father?!

WHY IS THE WORLD SO UNFAIR?!

I signed, and just jumped at my bed, and go to sleep.

Narration   
At midnight~…
Travis sneakly pass by every guard of Phoenix Drop and went to the old guard tower, where Sasha was.

He went upstairs and saw a sitting Sasha at the bed.

"I heard you've let Brian escaped.."

"It was none of your business."

"Then why are you here?"

"I need you to do something."

"I'm all ears."

"I need you to make a potion that can change a person's mind."

"I need something to pay back, I am no one's slave."

"I'll save your shadow knight friends."

"How did you know...?"

"Do the job or I'll kill them instead."

"...YOU MONSTER!"