Chapter Nine, Knowing it all

"Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom."
- Aristotle

Meanwhile,
"Abby what happened?.." Lord Luke asked. Abby swept her tears away and spoke "T-The H-High Pr-Priest of O'khas-sis visited o-our house and t-then they talked to e-each other then after a f-few minutes, The H-High Priest s-stabbed my father at the back... I w-waited him to l-leave the house so I-I can get to f-father..." She said, sobbing between words. "O'khasis....THEY WILL PAY!" Lord Luke spoke with such anger. They didn't know if this was a sign of War, or they only did that because of Jeffrey's work. They took Abby and take cared of her. Lord Luke was planning to have a 'friendly' speak to Lord Garte when, "Lord Garte, Prince Garroth and their butler Brendan, is on the village of Phoenix Drop to speak with Lord Visher about the arrange marriage of Princess Aphmau and Prince Garroth. I still don't know who is taking care of O'khasis but High Priest Zane won't be able to control O'khasis. You had to speak with Lord Garte if he knows about the murder." Abby said with such bravery. Lord Luke agreed and was heading their way to Phoenix Drop by the morning. But when their about to leave in the morning, Lucinda heard about their plan and she said, "Father, Let me go to Phoenix Drop with Abby. If you leave, everyone can take control on Pikoro Village." "Alright. Take care of Abby. I will also send a message that you and Abby will came and the murder to Phoenix Drop. Safe Travels." And now, Lucinda and Abby is now heading to Phoenix Drop.

∞∞∞

Aphmau's Pov
Another Lovely Morning in Phoenix Drop. I looked by my window and heard birds singing, saw rabbits hopping, Laurance running..wait what.

I quickly got changed and ran downstairs. Father is still sleeping so I have to deal with Laurance. Dante was staying home and got some rest after Nekoette~tan was kidnapped, so he had to stay and protect Nekoette for a few days.

I saw Laurance almost fell down the floor when he almost slipped. That would be hilarious actually. He saw me and ran to me. He almost slipped again and I almost bursted out laughing but I stopped and I just giggled. "Lady...Aphmau..!" He said almost running out of breath. "Laurance, breathe. Why were you running so fast early in the morning?" I asked. He inhales and said, "Lady Aphmau, here's a message from the Lord of Pikoro Village, Lord Luke." "Okay, Thanks Laurance." I said and read the letter.

Dear Lord Visher,
My Daughter, Lucinda, and the Jury of Nine's, Jeffory the Golden Heart, Daughter, will be visiting you. They will have a word of Lord Garte about last night's murder. The Death of Jeffory, one of the Jury of Nine, was claimed to be killed by your son, Zane the High Priest. We would want to ask you if you have any connections from this murder. If not, we might have to execute your son. Lucinda and Abby will arrived at your village any minute.

Sincerly,
Lord Luke
Lord of Pikoro Village

"Oh my Irene.." I said, completely shocked. "Laurance, I will send this to father and Lord Garte immediately. Please, you can now go on patrol." "Yes m'lady." He said and got on patrol.

I still can't belive it though...Jeffory...Abby...

Garroth's Pov
I woke up with the sun with my eyes. I think Brendan opened the curtains because he was waking me up many times. "Sir Garroth? Sir Gaaaarrooootth? Sir? Siiiiiiirrr? Wake up! Waakeee up!!" That's mostly what he said trying to wake me up. I stood up, blinded by the sun in my eyes. Brendan went to prepare some breakfast with the help of Kawaii~chan.

I change my clothes and went to the dining room. There was Aphmau, Lord Visher, Prince Levin, Father and Brendan. "Good morning Garroth! How was your sleep? Is the bed comfortable?" Aphmau said, while she helped the other maids prepare the table. "It was comfortable actually. And the night was wonderful." I said, and also helped them clean up. "Hey glad you like your stay here." She said. "Thank You. Can I walk around outside?" I asked. "Yeah sure! I still have to wake my father up." She said and went upstairs. I walked outside, greeted by the villagers.

"It is indeed lovely here in Phoenix Drop." I said as the wind goes by. It was cold but, you feel really relaxed here in Phoenix Drop...

I still want to stay here...with Aph.

Aphmau's Pov
It was time for breakfast and we have fried fish for it. We ate and I asked Levin where Malachi is. "He left early in the morning so he can get home early this night." Levin said.

"Father, Lord Garte, I have something to tell you.." I said finishing my food. "Yes Aphmau, what is it?" Lord Garte asked. I brought out the letter and said, "Lord Garte, we have received a message from the Lord of Pikoro Village, Lord Luke. According to this letter we have, your son, Zane the High Priest, he murdered one of the Jury of Nine members, Jeffory the Golden Heart. Abby, his daughter, saw it all happened last night. It said to be that Lucinda, Lord Luke's Daughter and Abby, are arriving here in this afternoon to speak with you Lord Garte." I said, giving them the letter. "...No. I do not know anything of this...I.." Lord Garte was shocked. He really did nothing at all. I can see it to his face. Garroth was shocked too, despite his brother is totally a killing monster.

We finally finished breakfast and Lord Garte and father talked about the murder of Zane. Me and Garroth was walking around Phoenix Drop until I asked, "Garroth if you don't mind me asking, who is the guy who stabbed your mother and took care of you?"

"It was..."