Chapter Thirteen, Sadness

"The word 'happiness' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness."
- Carl Jung

Garroth's Pov
I dug my face on the pillow, trying to relax on the memory loss of Aphmau. I don't know but suddenly I felt pain. It feels like someone is stabbing on my chest.

What am I saying? I never felt this ache before... Even more painful than my mother's death... My emotions are like mixed with either sadness, depression, sorrow and I don't even know why.

...Is it because of Aphmau?

No, No, No, No, Garroth. You're just forced - forced to marry her. And yet, I'm happy to marry her. But why...? I can't believe it...

I do love her.

I didn't realize it before, but we just met. Is this what they call, love at first sight? Aph and I just met two days ago. Why do I feel like when we are just miles apart, I feel incomplete?

Theme Song of the Book:
Sad Song
We the Kings ft. Elena Coats

You and I were like Fireworks and Symphonies exploding in the sky
With you I'm alive like all the missing pieces of my heart that finally collide
So stop time right here in the moonlight cause I don't ever want to close my eyes

Without You
I feel broke
Like I'm half of a whole
Without You
I've got no hand to hold
Without You
I feel torn
Like a sail in the storm
Without You
I'm just a sad song 2x

Narration
Brendan walk towards Garroth's room and stopped after hearing him sing.

"Sir Garroth is singing...the song his father and mother always sang..." he muttered to himself. He quietly opened the door a bit and saw Garroth singing while tearing up.

He closed the door quietly. "Should I tell anyone about this..?" He murmured to himself. Kawaii~chan came and spoke. "Brendan~kun? Is Garroth~kun okay...?"

"Might as well leave him alone now Kawaii~chan." Brendan replied, sighing. Kawaii-chan nod, with a worried expression on her face, hearing the prince sing with sorrow.

∞∞∞
A FEW HOURS LATER,
Lucinda and Lord Visher are still talking about Aphmau being cursed by a shadow knight. Garroth was now calm, and he decided to walk around the house. Walking straight, he heard the king and the witch's voice.

"Miss Lucinda, can you tell me what is going on with my daughter?"

"Yes m'lord. Ahem, Miss Aphmau is cursed. She has a cursed called, 'Forgotten Life'. Forgotten Life is a curse that if it is placed on you, the one who you were thinking the whole time, is the one you'll forget for...about a whole year. It has a cure that I can make but I need some ingredients to make the cure. The main is the Scared Flower, Crystalia, second The person who was forgotten. It goes like this, I make the cure but, the person who is forgotten needs to drink it and needs to show the person who has a curse what memories they made and they need to show their affection or importance to them. But, who do you want to go find the sacred flower...? It is close to the new village of Metelli."

"How about--"

"Let me do it, m'lord." Garroth barged in, staring into the Lord's eyes.

"Very well. You really are the braviest and strongest prince I ever known. Goodluck. You will head tomorrow with Cadenza, Aphmau, Laurance, Katelyn, Emmalyn, Kenmur and that Stranger. Since all of them is heading to Metelli to revive the Phoenix Alliance. It was Disbanded after a few years..."

"Yes, m'lord. Thank You."