Chapter Five, Unexpected

"The best things in life are unexpected - because there were no expectations."
- Eli Khamarov

Aphmau's POV
I was about to shoot when Dante said, "Lady Aphmau, Stop!" "What is it Dante?!" I said looking at him. I am still pointing directly at the bush when someone came out.

"Nekoette?!?!" Dante and I both screamed. It was Nekoette~tan, Kawaii~chan and Dante's Daughter. She ran to Dante and hugged her father. "PAPA!!" She was crying, and I noticed she was full of cuts and bruises. I hid my weapons on my backpack and sat next to Dante, who was calming Nekoette~tan down. "Shh... It's okay, Nekoette... What happened?" "N-Nekoette~tan was picking some flowers f-for Mama and Papa and t-then someone took Nekoette~tan..." she said sobbing between words. "Who is it?" "Nekoette~tan didn't know...It was a stranger..." Nekoette said, hugging her father tightly and digging her face on his armor. "Let's get back to the village, Dante. Zoey can heal her wounds and she can take some rest." I said, getting my bow and arrow out since Dante's hands were full. He nodded and we both ran back inside Phoenix Drop. I saw someone by the woods and quickly shot it. "Lady Aphmau?" "Dante go in. Now." "But Lady Aphmau?!" "I said Go!!" He ran as fast as he can to go to Zoey so they can heal Nekoette~tan. The person I shot was crying in pain so I grabbed him inside the gates. I pointed my sword through his neck and spoke. "Who are you and why are you here?" "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" Wait...his voice...I remember now! It's Brian! The one who...betrayed us all...

Laurance ran up to me and said, "Lady Aphmau! I--" He saw Brian lying down and my sword pointing on his neck. "Brian?! Aphmau, did you just..?" I nod. I knew what he was gonna ask, 'Aphmau, did you just caught Brian?'. Therefore, I still ignored the fact my arrow was still on his leg. "Take him to the house. I have to check on Nekoette." "On it m'lady." He grabbed Brian and went towards the house. I took all Brian's weapons without even anyone noticing.

I quickly went to Kawaii~chan and Dante's House. I saw Dante sitting beside Nekoette. Nekoette is sleeping in her bed while Zoey was healing her. "Is Nekoette okay..?" "Yeah she is.. She just needed plenty of rest. Kawaii~chan, don't let Nekoette go out of the house if she hasn't anyone guarding her. I believe that someone got inside the gates. Who is the person attacked her Aphmau?" Zoey said, while covering her cuts and wounds. "Judging for his actions, it was Brian. When Nekoette came out of the bush, he was at back of her. He stopped when I was still pointing the arrow at him. We both went back but he followed us. I let Dante and Nekoette first. I still have to deal with him. Laurance got him to father. I believe he hids a house on the trees. Better upgrade the defences." "Huh, you still got those sharp-eyed eyes. I am impressed Lady Aphmau." Dante smacked his fist at the bed. "I shouldn't let this happen! It's all my fault! I should have stayed always at home!" "Dante it was no ones fault! Brian had suddenly sneaked in. We just have to let our defences upgrade and don't let anyone pass us again."

∞∞∞

I went inside the house and saw Father talking to Brian. He has chains in his hand and Laurance was behind him. I knocked and entered. "Aphmau..." he was giving me the signal. I suppose he wasn't answering any questions that my father asked. Answer us Brian or you will sleep forever. Laurance backed up. I quickly ran to him without him noticing and gave him cuts from my sword. I pushed him by the wall holding his hands. He can't even move. He was struggling. I putted my dagger through his neck and spoke. "Answer us or you'll sleep forever.." "...Never.." I pulled him down and he was on the floor. "Take him there Laurance." Father said, then Laurance nod and took him to the cells. No one even knew where it is but only Laurance. I still have to check everyone around to check if their okay. One of my daily duties. I am kinda used to it. It is also Fun passing by Yip, Rollo, Lello and the other kids on the village.

Garroth's POV
It was about time to Sun down. I just watched at the balcony of our house. It is the perfect view of sunsets.

I was playing with my pet wyvern, Raven. He is also my way to communication when I'm all alone. I am living in a monster's house.

There was a knocked on my door. "Sir Garroth, its me, Brendan. Sir we need you to pack your things. Let me help you m'lord." He entered holding a big backpack. "You know you didn't really need to call me Lord." I said picking my stuff on what to bring. "Well, you are becoming one sir. We are leaving tomorrow since it is such a long journey to Phoenix Drop. We are staying there for 5 days." "Why..?" "To have a closer friendship with the Lord, Lord Visher." "Uhuh. So we are using them for something, huh?" "No. Well yes for the King. I am not sure." "Why Phoenix Drop anyway? And who is their daughter?" "I am afraid that I don't know who their daughter is. I heard that Phoenix Drop has the Kindest Lord. And also overpowered. They say they have a werewolf, a witch, a Jury of Nine member and also their guards can have a title of the Jury of Nine member. They have Dante, The Third Best in the Guard Academy and Laurance, The Second Best in the Guard Academy. All of the villagers their Love them! And every visitor even wants to stay there. So this is pretty interesting. I am sure you'll love their Daughter. Like literally." "Heh, I hope so." (*Garmau)

We have done our packing and went to sleep for tomorrow's leave. I am now interested about this village Phoenix Drop. This sounds interesting. And Fun.

∞∞∞

(Aphmau almost killing Brian, it is just their way to scare people and admit everything.)