Chapter Twenty, Awaken

"The actual experience of awakening can only be in the present moment."
- Eckhart Tolle

Garroth's Pov
Aphmau fainted in front of my eyes. I do hope she is okay.. I asked Zoey about this, she said Aph is alright, it just a mini side effect since it was her first time being cursed.. Or was it?

I went to her bedroom and put her there. She was sleeping, yet she keep tossing and turning. I sang one of my father sang to my mother, when mother was sick.

It worked, she was sleeping comfortably and, well, beautifully.

Donna went in the room and went to check if Aphmau's okay.

"Hey Donna, I forgot to ask.."

"Yeah..?"

"Where is Brendan and father?"

"Oh...They left after they received a message that O'khasis was attacked."

"..w-what?!"

"I don't know why, but it was so unexpected.. One of the merchants pass by there and saw it...burning. The merchant went here and explained what happened, and then they immediately left.."

"..n-no.."

"I am so sorry Garroth.. I wish I was there to help help the injured, yet I have kids to take care. I hope your father and Brendan will be safe...

As for Lucinda and Abby, well... Lucinda immediately left too, without saying a word to us. While Abby, she left with one word, 'revenge'. I don't know why, but Katelyn tried to follow her and asked about her father, Jeffory, but like she said, revenge. I gotta go, Sir Garroth. Please take care."

"A-Alright..." I stuttered and turned away, not wanting any eye contact.

I know my father and brother were a monster, but it was my home. Where I keep my mother's...jukebox... That was the only thing really reminded me about my lovely mother, yet I doubt it is now gone..

I still remember its lovely music.. sigh... I miss you mom.

"..G-Garroth...?"

Aphmau's Pov
I woke up in my room. And the first thing I saw, scratch that, first person I saw was Garroth, looking down at the floor, his bangs flowing in the wind. I could feel his presence, like a sad aura surrounding him.

I immediately asked, "..G-Garroth...?"

He looked up, his eyes reflecting the light. I could tell he was holding back his tears, his eyes were sparkling by the light. He kept quiet and looked at me straight, then he smiled and hugged me.

"A-Aphmau! Y-You're awake!"

I hugged back, brushed his bangs away from his eyes and spoke.

"Garroth! Are you okay? Gosh, how long I have been in bed? And, what happened?"

"I'm f-fine, Aphmau. And it's a long story.. You've been in bed for three hours straight."

"What..?! Argh.. I just missed breakfast! Is lunch ready?"

He giggled. "Yeah, Kawaii~chan also baked a cake for you. But Nekoette and Dmitri secretly eats it without Kawaii~chan looking. Hehe.."

"Dmitri...?"

"Oh yeah, that...um..it's Nicole's son and....also Dante's...son.."

"HUWAAT."

"It's a long story... I'll tell you both later. Oh and Lord Visher is still in bed, but he does feel a lot better know! Come, let's go get some lunch."

I nod and Garroth help me stood up. We went to the kitchen and saw the two kids already almost finishing off my cake that Kawaii~chan made. Which is pretty hilarious because they have icing all over their mouths. We ate lunch and walked around the village.

"Sooo... Care to tell me what happened?"

"Okay, first, you. Ahem, when you were asleep there was a splashed coming from your room. I just heard it when I was asleep. By the morning, I went to the dining room, then I realized, you forgot me. But after that, I walked around the house and 'accidentally' heard Lucinda and Lord Visher's conversation, that you were cursed. Lucinda told me the cure, and when you were travelling to Metelli, I joined you and went to find the cure, said it was close to Metelli. I was able to find it but after I came back in, Metelli was attacked. I helped the guards fight off those Shadow Souls as Laurance told me and suddenly, Cadenza was taken by one of those Shadow Souls, who passed the head guard of Metelli, Vincent if I recall. You, Vincent and the third head guard of Metelli, Cloud went to find Cadenza. After you came back, Cadenza was being healed and Laurance and that Vincent guy caught up a fight. Laurance took a breather and went outside to explain what past Vincent was holding to Me, Katelyn and Laurance by Zack. And you and Vincent talked after that, you suddenly barged out and run at the stables, rode your horse, then out of Metelli. We came back here in the following day and saw you here. And then the last thing I recall was you were going down the safehold and I gave you the cure and then you fainted. And here we are!"

I kept quiet and was shocked at what happened. But there was something I need to ask.

"Why do you care for me so much?"

He kept quiet, inhaled and spoked.

"Because I..."