Secrets of the Dragon Riders (A HTTYD Fan-Fic)

This is Berk.

Its gotten colder as the years have gone by, but we've all grown as a tribe.

You see, two years ago, I almost lost everything dear to me.

But I learnt the hard way, that you cannot trust everyone, not even your own family.

Even though things are settled now, I know there is more to come.

And the question of loyalty is going to be tested.

***

Three years ago, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III was officially declared the chieftain of the Hairy Hooligans on the Isle of Berk. From that day, he's had trials and tribulations, even renouncing his claim to be with the woman he loved.

There have been times when he didn't think he would see the light of another day and also days where he was lucky to have loving people and a marvelous council of loyal friends.

But the Dragon Master knows that the peace will not remain.

Now that he is married and a father, life has just gotten tougher and it has nothing to do with the toddler running around his legs all day, or the fact that he now has four night furies on the island or even the masses of wild dragons disappearing.

War is brewing on the Archipelago.

Caledonia faces civil war as the clans rise up and the Berserkers, having joined forces with the Savages, continue to cause havoc to all those around.

Bringing peace is hard, so when tales of a powerful weapon only a true heir can posses to unite the realms are repeated, the archipelago goes into a frenzy to recover it.

Hiccup faces dilemmas himself - the return of his sister, Adelheid Stefan and a face from his father's past who brings devastating secrets of the Haddock family which could change the line of succession forever as well as a masked dragon rider with a vendetta against his family.

He is told he is the only one that can stop the war.

Now, its a test of loyalties for everyone as more secrets are revealed on the quest to crown the once and future King and bring peace to the Viking world.

But will Hiccup succeed?

***

Book #2 of the 'Legends of the Dragon Riders'