Chapter 5 - Mission:Love

CHAPTER 5 - MISSION:LOVE

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Romance warning!!!

Also, 'Ængland' is 'England' - the Viking name of my country! It's pronounced literally 'Angle-Land', coming from the name of the Germanic settlers, who we know as the Anglo-Saxons.

'Norðrhaf' is the 'North Sea' which is everything around Scotland and Northern Ireland in the North. I think it should sound something like 'North-r-haeff', but I'm not sure. If anyone does know, please correct me!

Okay, on with the chapter!!!!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

OMNISCIENT POV

He stared at the letter from his mother, disbelief over what he had just read.

It left him that shocked he read at least five times, probably more.

Hiccup,

When you read this, I will already be gone.

I'm so sorry to do this to you again, but I need time.

Time to find myself.

Too much has happened all at once and I cannot comprehend it.

The way I lashed out at Ada was uncalled for and I understood your anger.

I feel anger towards myself too for the way I reacted and I know it is no-one's fault but my own.

Staying away from you for all of those years was my own choice and the hardest one I ever made, just like this one is.

But like you need time to adapt to having a sister...I need to accept her and properly mourn your father.

I will be back...I promise.

But I need time.

Please give me that and do not come looking for me.

I have my son back. I know you are safe, happy and loved and as your mother, that is all I can ask for.

Take care for now, my darling,

Your mother, Valka.

"I can't believe she would leave me again..." Hiccup sighed as Astrid's hand came to his shoulders and she hugged him.

"Oh baby..." She kissed his cheek as he shook his head.

"No...I need to look for her..." He stood up quickly, his council and the village elders looking at him. "She can't walk away from me...not again!"

"Hiccup..." Isolde said gently as the Chief tried to comprehend what was happening. "She'll be back..."

He frowned at her words.

"Wait...what do you mean?" His voice trailed off as everything clicked into place. "You spoke with her, before she left?"

Astrid looked at her mother who nodded slowly. "I...tried to convince her to stay...but her mind was already made up..." Isolde replied as the Chief threw his head back in frustration. "She promised she will return...she just needs to deal with some issues alone first..."