Chapter 36 - A New Life

CHAPTER 36 - A NEW LIFE

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey hey!

This chapter is not as long and is a bit of a filler chapter but there is a lot more coming!

Language is VERY colorful in the chapter so be warned. XD

Alright, on with the chapter!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*BERK*

OMNISCIENT POV

"Maintaining Berk's defenses is our best shot. We cannot go out there looking for trouble..." Snotlout stated the survivors of the attack on Strathclyde gathered.

"Looking for trouble? We need support from you and all of our allies to hunt gown Gerherd and Magnus and make them pay for what they did!" Gawain cried.

"And what will that achieve?" Snotlout asked. "We need a plan. We need to know what to expect and we really don't as Magnus is working with Morgana. We would go into a trap..."

"You don't know that..." Gawain said. "And Merlin can help."

"Merlin is not well and is practically dying..."

"Then help him! Dragons have curing properties..." Gawain stated. Snotlout looked at Fishlegs for an answer who shook his head.

"Merlin is beyond human or dragon curing..." Fishlegs said. "And he said he didn't want to be saved."

"I am not letting Magnus and Gerherd get away with any of this!" Gawain cried as the Strathclydians cheered. "We're going to let them pay."

"Yes...but not right now. We have more important things to deal with right now..." Snotlout was calm but he was so close to losing his shit.

"Of course,...what Berk wants, Berk gets. You guys are clearly more important then the rest of us!" Gawain said as Matilda tensed. "We have no home."

"And you will have no allies if you keep this up!" Snotlout cried as Matilda stood up.

Tensions were mounting, not just between the acting Chief and King but between their people.

"Stop it! We are all on the same battlefield..." Matilda snapped and everyone looked at her. "We shouldn't be fighting and pointing fingers at each other! We are all suffering and we should be working together! This is not the time we turn on each other!"

Snotlout sighed. "She's right and I get that you are frustrated because of how things are but we need to work together."

The Strathclydians and Berkians agreed.

They needed to work together.

***

Snotlout stood in the Great Hall and looked over the papers on the desk.

Berk needed allies and support. The last thing Berk needed was any more enemies.

Things were already pretty rocky with the Strathclydians so he had to repair that bridge otherwise their allies would support them.