Chapter 39 - The Knights of the Round Table

CHAPTER 39 - THE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*SOMEWHERE IN THE HEBRIDES, WEST OF CALEDONIA*

OMNISCIENT POV

Eret and Pedro landed in a clearing and were alert.

If Gerherd was telling the truth, they would know soon enough.

"You seem to be very trusting of a man that practically stole your girl and tried to kill you..." Pedro remarked as Eret rolled his eyes.

"Number one, Karolina is not my girl. Number two, he has helped us so far so why would he lie now?"

Pedro shrugged his shoulders as they continued through the brush and green.

The dragons remained close, listening out for anything that might tell them there was someone around.

Skullcrusher's ears perked up, drowning out Pedro and Eret's petty squabbles as he growled.

Eret turned, pointing his sword in the direction of Skullcrusher. "Who goes there?" Eret asked, ready to attack as Skullcrusher ran for the treeline. The sound of a childish scream made Eret frown as Skullcrusher reappeared, little Prince Hendry being carried from the back of his tunic.

"Skullcrusher put him down!" Eret ordered and the dragon obeyed as the young Prince laughed.

"I don't mind..." He reached up to touch the dragon. "He's nice!"

"Who is he?" Pedro asked as Eret smiled.

"I'm Hendry...who are you?" The prince replied as Eret laughed.

"This is a loser named Pedro..." Eret introduced him and Hendry laughed.

"And this is a jackass named Eret!" Pedro gestured to Eret who slapped his hand.

"Language! He's only a kid!" Eret warned.

"Ah yes...I forgot you're all paternal now..." He said as Eret looked at Hendry.

"Kid...where's the rest of your family?"

Hendry waved his hand and gestured for them to follow him and Eret began. "Is this the right kid?" Pedro asked and Eret nodded.

They followed Hendry, but instead, Eret placed him on the back of Skullcrusher and he instead gave directions.

He had little legs so it was hard for him to be faster than the dragons who were practically about to stamp on him.

They reached a clearing with a small house and Eret was amazed to see the entire family was present.

Eoghan was chopping wood.

Joan was preparing food.

Catrina and Isobel were helping their mother and father.

The Haldanes had survived.

"Papa!" Hendry called and Eoghan turned to look at his son, dropping his ax when he saw the guests.

"Eret?" Eoghan managed to say as Catrina, Isobel, and Joan turned to see them too.

"How's it going?" Eret asked casually as he walked towards Eoghan who hugged him.

"You have no idea how glad we are to see you..."