Chapter 26 - Valkyries of the North

CHAPTER 26 - VALKYRIES OF THE NORTH

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

THIS CHAPTER STARTS WITH ROMANCE!

Like...literally...it is the first line! 

You'll either thank me or hate me later!

On we go!

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************* 

OMNISCIENT POV

"Hiccup..." Astrid moaned, grasping the pillow under her head as her husband tasted her between her legs.

Several weeks had gone by since Snoggletog and life on Berk had been too good to be believed. The dragons had returned, a whole array of new off spring as Hiccup and Fishlegs went through a census to see the numbers of the different species. They were increasing – but for how long.

Romances had continued to blossom and grow between the riders – they were all now loved up, whether openly or secretly.

Fishlegs and Ruffnut had been forced to go on a honeymoon, despite their protests and they soon returned to begin their new lives in a new home that Hiccup had commissioned while they were away.

Heather and Eret continued to be loved-up and clingy, the more passionate of the couples as they couldn't keep their hands off each other and spent most nights (when Eret wasn't on night patrol) in each other's company, usually in their bedroom.

Snotlout and Matilda continued to meet up secretly, even leaving the island a few times to different destinations to have some time together alone, sometimes joining Tuffnut and Ada who also courted in the shadows – although Valka and Gobber were now aware of the relationship.

And Astrid and Hiccup were getting to their new normal. He worked incessantly to find his wife a cure but made she was nurtured and loved in every way possible. Their nights ended in one of two ways; lying in bed talking about their day and Chiefly matters or having passionate sex with every protective and preventative method possible. For the Chief and Queen, they had a few years before their marriage when they practiced contraceptives to prevent pregnancy and it had been successful every time – now it was always about remembering whether the methods had been practiced. If the couple was unsure, they didn't risk it but made each other feel special and loved in other ways.

Such as the way Hiccup was devouring his wife as she ground her hips against him, biting her lip and smiling. They were lucky for this night – they had taken their precautions so they both knew this was about to get a whole lot more intense.

***

As morning rose on Berk, Astrid descended the stairs and headed straight for the medicinal hut where she brewed an herbal tea – another contraceptive method. Upon returning to the Great Hall, she saw everyone was awake and she walked to her husband and daughter, kissing them both. "Have a good sleep?" Astrid teased her husband and he raised his eyebrows, nodding.

"Did you? You were pretty tired..." He remarked, and she nodded.

"I slept like a baby...eventually..." She winked at him, their flirting making Ada uncomfortable as she quietly ate her oatmeal.