Trick or Treat (BONUS CHAPTER)

Happy Halloween/Samhain/Day of the Dead/Dreadfall.

Yes...I know I am a date late. 

So...seeing how well the last bonus chapter at Christmas went I thought...why not do another one??

And this is it!!!!

And this chapter is dedicated to Feisty_wolf for being the only person who wanted a treat (and the only person who wanted the chapter!) XD

This chapter takes places between chapter 12 and 13 of SOTDR so ALL of the riders are present but it will be spooky and scary so reader discretion is advised. I scared myself writing this chapter especially researching concept art!!!!

It will look into a scary creature from Scandinavian folklore, and while this creature itself is really violent, aggressive and can kill others, I've decided to give it a very tragic backstory to kind of tone down the horror.  There will be many other creatures/spirits appearing too but the chapter will be centred on Heather and Eret and their scandalous affair which, as I said, does have ramifications.

The riders visit Hibernia - which is Ireland and this means...Irish names which are very complicated. These are the three names you need to know; 

- Aoife (ee-fa)

- Odhran (oh-dran)

- Eimear (eemer)

So...without further adieu...

THE DREADFALL BONUS CHAPTER!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

THE GJENGANGER

OMNISCIENT POV

Dreadfall.

The time of year when the liminal lines between the nine worlds of Yggdrasil were at their thinnest.

The creatures of these nine worlds were about to be free for one night only but in the three days before and after, the liminal lines were still thin.

Most of them travelled through, without causing problems to the mortals, blessing those who left offerings to them as they explored the ever-changing mortal realm.

But there were some chance more violent and aggressive creatures would cross over, and they wouldn't be as friendly.

So, the Berkians were getting ready.

Agrimony was hung over the doors and windows. Bonfires were prepared at the village's entrances. Barnbrack cake was baked, prizes placed inside as the farm animals were anointed with holy water to protect them from any mischievous activities from any evil spirits.

And in the Great Hall, the riders, minus Hiccup, were carving turnips and swedes, to place lanterns inside of them to be placed outside the homes, the embers mimicking Hel's fire.

"Out of all Norse traditions..." Heather smiled, carving a turnip. "I love Dreadfall!"

"Why?" Eret asked. "Do you like being scared?"

"I love all of the creepiness and macabre atmosphere..." She replied. "Sitting around the fire telling ghost stories..." She was excited as Eret shook his head.

"Well...I don't like Dreadfall..." Eret remarked as Ada scoffed.

"Aw...is little Eret scared of ghosts?" She teased, in a baby voice as Eret looked at her.