Chapter 4 - The Haddock Family

CHAPTER 4 - THE HADDOCK FAMILY

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

N/A - Mild Romance warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

ADA'S POV

I let my mind race as I held my breath in the warm water.

I was relaxed and for the first time in almost two years, I had a good night's sleep.

It might have had something to do with the fact that I had an actual bed and that I was home.

But the nerves were constantly there...because I was officially a Princess of Berk.

These people had named me that and I couldn't denounce that right.

I couldn't.

The Berkians were the only family I had left and I wasn't going to walk away from that.

I climbed out of the bath and dried myself, changing into my usual attire. It had elements of my Celtic heritage from the brown leather armour I wore over a purple tunic. I had also dark brown trousers, which matched the breastplate, matching boots, leather cuffs on my wrists with a matching waist and hip belt where my dagger and sword would sit.

I preferred using a bow and arrow, but with any battles right now, I didn't need to carry it around with me. 

My brown hair was in a messy braid over my right shoulder with several other braids tied into it.

And of course, the locket Stoick had given me was around my neck.

I was ready to face everyone.

***

After getting lost, I managed to find my way to the Great Hall, where several of the Vikings were already assembled, but no-one I knew, except for Gobber.

"Adelheid!" He said as I approached him. "How did you sleep? Not well, I presume, seeing as you are awake so early!"

"Actually..." I replied as he handed me a plate of chicken and eggs. "Rather well! It was my first taste of a good night's sleep in almost two years..."

"I'm glad to hear that. Why don't you take a seat at the table there?" He pointed out a semi-circle table and I nodded, walking over and taking a seat as I admired the décor.

The stone walls were unusual of Viking settlements, but I liked it. Portraits of the previous chiefs of Berk hung on the walls as well as the Haddock and Tribal Crest.

I tucked into the meal and everything just seemed...to feel like home.

I guess...I mean it was home.

I noticed Valka come from the stairs and although I smiled at her, she ignored me, making me frown slightly. 

This was going to be awkward, there was no denying that. But I would put in the effort, because she was Stoick's first love and me being here, is obviously not easy for her. 

Voices came from the staircase and I turned to see Hiccup descend, dressed in his usual attire, but now with a fur cloak on his shoulders, held into place with two brooches.