Chapter 24 - Rotten to the Core

CHAPTER 24 - ROTTEN TO THE CORE

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I named Fishlegs's and the twin's parents because I figured they needed names, instead of them constantly being referred to as Mr and Mrs Ingerman/Thorston. 

- Fabiola and Cord Thorston

- Hannah and Gero Ingerman

So, if you see these names in the chapter (and the coming ones), you know who they are!

Also, here is a map of The Hebrides (the riders will be visiting it). It's an archipelago of 100 islands (give or take) on the West Coast of Scotland. 

Also, the language might be a bit offensive? It's nothing racist but rather derogatory

Alright, on with the chapter!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*BERK*

ASTRID'S POV

There was mist all around.

I looked down and saw I was wearing a white dress as a strong wind blew.

It had recently rained and I looked around as the mist faded away...to reveal the plaza.

Everyone was in mourning – and I noticed all of the Berkians were present.

Including...Eira?

She never went to funerals.

I saw the riders were holding bows and arrows and a fire was burning.

And I saw...Hiccup – tears in his eyes.

He was staring at the bow in his hands as his mother placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. He looked at her as a pray was read.

"May Frigga welcome you and lead you through the fields of for your strength in battle to the end. May they sing your name with love and fury, so that we might hear it rise and know that you're at peace after days of struggle. For a great Queen has fallen: A warrior. A daughter. A mother. A friend..."

A Queen?

Hiccup raised his bow and flaming arrow and fired it at the ship that was drifting away as the others followed suit, the ship catching on fire as the Berkians sobbed and prayed.