Chapter 10 - A Million Dreams

CHAPTER 10 - A Million Dreams

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

So, as mentioned before, Heather and Eret return in this chapter. So let me just add this disclaimer (again);

As this book is a continuation of LOTDR, the same backgrounds to the characters apply. Therefore, in this story, Heather is NOT the sister of Dagur, nor does she fly a Razorwhip named 'Windshear'.

The story plans for LOTDR were written before RTTE was released and in order to apply the stories from the series, I'd have to pretty much re-write everything, including Dagur's character.

This will be the last time I say this.

Please do not think I am having a go; I'm merely explaining what I can only see as a very confusing situation for the readers.

Also, this is also the romance warning!!!

With that said, enjoy the chapter.

xxx

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*BERK*

OMNISCIENT POV

"Okay...so..." Gobber stood before the council as Astrid sat on the throne. "Where is the Chief?"

Suddenly, all eyes fell on her and she crossed her arms, pouting. "Gobber...he's a grown man. I can't keep track of him every single second of every single day."

"He's been gone all day!" Snotlout practically cried. "He's always telling us to do work...but does he even have any work to do?"

"No...he completed it. All of the diplomatic papers, treaties, trade deals and alliances have been signed, stored, archived and even sent..." Astrid beamed with pride at the hard work her husband had been putting in recently. "If anything...he deserves this break!"
"But Astrid...it's the weekly council meeting!" Spitelout stated, the Queen sighing and leaning back. "He can't miss this!"

"And besides...where has he been all day?" Freda questioned as Valka and Astrid looked at each other.

"Where do you all think?" Both Queen and her mother-in-law said together as the minds of all the villagers wandered...to one activity...

***

HICCUP'S POV

"Yeah baby!" I cheered as Toothless and I flew into the air. We looped around in circles within the clouds, dropping backwards as we headed towards the sea stacks. We filed, in and out of them before flying straight up and spinning and then diving into the water. Toothless swam alongside some Scauldrons and Seashockers, before diving out, the tidal class dragons following as they roared after us. Toothless fired into the air as we headed for the clouds again, before diving straight down and then back up.

Training dragons for almost ten years and the feeling of flying never got old.

Toothless and I were a team – always have been and always will be.