Chapter 33 - Every Rose Has Its Thorn

CHAPTER 33 - EVERY ROSE HAS ITS THORN

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

PART 3

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*BERK*

In the Great Hall of the Island of Berk, the Chief stared at his sister's portrait on the wall as he tried to contemplate and understand everything that had happened.

Ruffnut sat with Fishlegs, Snotlout, Ivy, Rose, Gawain and Matilda in the Great Hall as Eret leaned on a pillar.

Eira was okay. She was resting upstairs, Eluf and Thora guarding with their lives as Tristan and Isolde took it upon themselves to protect their granddaughter too.

And Ada?

She had succumbed to her wound and had fallen from the roof with Eira. Both were saved by the dragons...as well as Merlin and Tuffnut who had appeared in a flash of smoke.

Merlin was now with Ada, tending to her wounds as she held on with a thread as Tuffnut met his parents.

The doors to the Great Hall opened and everyone turned to see Tuffnut.

He had a shawl draped over his shoulders and his hair had grown, a beard on his chin as Ruffnut leapt up and ran to her brother, hugging him.

"I've missed you..." She said, and he smiled at her, as he greeted the rest of the riders.

"I've missed you guys too..." Tuffnut replied as he noticed Hiccup. He walked to him. "I'm sorry about everything. If I'd have known about Astrid sooner..."

Hiccup cut him off with a hug and the others smiled, pleased that they had reconciled. "You're back now. That is all that matters."

"So...tell me everything..." Tuffnut stated as they sat at the main table and informed him of everything that had happened since he left.

***

Merlin walked around the castle and put a spell all over the place – no-one was going to get in again without him knowing.

As he returned to Ada's bedroom, she was now awake, sat up on the bed and hugging her stomach wound and crying.

"Adelheid..." Merlin spoke as Ada looked at him.

"Why did you help me? You should've left me!" She cried and Merlin shook his head.

"I help everyone..."

"I did terrible things..."

Merlin sighed. "You didn't do anything willingly. You were being controlled. Anything you did when that control was on you, was not your fault."

Tears continued to stream down her cheeks. "How is Eira?"

"She is safe and well..." Merlin assured. "I managed to save both of you."

Ada closed her eyes. "They're never going to forgive me for any of this..."

Merlin placed a hand on her shoulder. "If you be honest and answer any questions they might have, they will forgive you, especially Hiccup..."