Chapter 25 - Love Is A Complicated Thing

CHAPTER 25 - LOVE IS A COMPLICATED THING

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!

OMG...I have too much to say and do and OMG!!! 

But you all have waited for the chapter, so here it is! 

Read and enjoy and I'll see on the end!!

Also, there is a bit of foul language courtesy of Heather who also is constantly at it with Eret like a pair of rabbits. XD

 And there is very minimum dragon interaction as they leave for Dragon Island!

Okay...enjoy!!!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*THE NORTH SEA*

OMNISCIENT POV

The Chief of Snaeland looked at the compass before him as the mothership tackled the harsh waves of the North Sea.

"How much further?" His daughter asked as the Chief sighed.

"Still some hours to go..." He replied a wave crashed onto the deck.

"This is terrible! Why did we have to go now?" His daughter cried over the storm and he groaned, grabbed the mast as the boat tried to stay afloat.

"Because...we need answers..." He cried as a wave crashed onto the boat.

The crew grabbed the ropes and tried to stable the boat, the sails flashing around as the boat threatened to capsize.

"I need to know what is happening!" The Chief, Snorre the Abominable, shouted as his daughter Turid came over to him, grabbing the mast with him. "We need to know the truth about Hiccup Haddock!"
Turid nodded as the crew cried out. She turned to see a large wave coming for the boat.

"Dad!" She screamed as the wave attacked the boat and it disappeared.

***

*BERK*

A storm raged, and Hiccup looked out of his bedroom window as the villagers ran to their homes, covered their food store, forced the animals into the barns and sent the dragons into the underground stables.

Lightening flashed, and Hiccup sighed.

Thor was angry – probably with him.

The door opened behind him and Astrid strolled in, a sleeping Eira in her arms and a blanket on her arm. She glanced at Hiccup and gave him a small smile, before putting her daughter on the bed.

"Is she not sleeping in her room?" Hiccup asked, and Astrid shook her head.

"The lightening is too bright, and the thunder is too loud..." She replied, shuffling off of the bed. "Just watch her. I'm going to check on Eluf and Thora..." She left the room, not even looking at him.

This was their relationship now.

Small talk, usually about Eira and no direct eye contact.

It had been like this for over ten days.