Chapter six skirmish of the element dragons

Chapter 6 skirmish of the element dragons

Natsu and Lisanna arrived in the town of Verion where the dark guild were supposedly congregating. Natsu quickened his pace after he smelled a familiar scent. Natsu sped off ahead to investigate.

"Natsu wait up" Lisanna said as she attempted to catch up with him.

All of a sudden Natsu stopped when he confirmed the scent. 

"Gray!" 

Lying in front of Natsu was a seriously wounded Gray, blood oozing down both his arms. But the thing that struck Natsu as odd was the broken shards of ice stuck in his skin. 

"Natsu?" Gray opened his eyes.

"You look pretty beat up, couldn't handle the job then?" Natsu said in an arrogant tone.

"Natsu, listen you need to get out..." Gray was interrupted.

"Natsu Dragneel. The salamander of fairy tail! Ice dragon's roar!" an ice breath blast stormed towards Natsu.

Natsu acting on instinct responded with his own breath attack. 

Cheeks puffed out he unleashed his attack.

"Fire dragon's roar!" both dragons' roars' collided into each other.

The breath blasts created a magnificent force as they waged against the other attack trying to rein supreme. The blasts imploded causing the ground below to crack and shatter.

"I'm impressed. You're just like the rumours say you are Salamander."

"Who are you?! Did you do this to Gray?"

"I am Nero the ice dragon slayer. And yes I put that ice mage out of his misery. Enough of that, show me what a fire dragon slayer can do!" Nero concentrated his ice into his fist encasing it in dark blue ice.

Natsu responded with concentrating his flames around his own fist thinking this would be easy fire versus ice.

"Ice dragon's diamond fist!"

"Fire dragon's iron fist!"

Both fists collided causing an explosion of power but it seemed Nero's fist was superior sending Natsu flying.

"Is that all the great salamander can do?!" Nero unsheathed his katana and charged Natsu.

"Ice dragon's frozen sword". Natsu dodged a flurry of slices one after the other. Sweeping him onto his knees, Nero struck down his blade towards Natsu.

However, Natsu anticipated this and ceased the blades path, stopping it with his hands. 

Nero grinned as he put all his might into cutting down the salamander.

"It's useless my ice will never melt. Natsu using his body heat focused his heat into his hands and watched as the ice dragon slayer gasped in astonishment.

"How my ice can't be melted?!"

Natsu opened his mouth as pieces of fire melted off the now only iron sword.

"Crimson lotus fire dragons iron fist"

A flurry of fire punches were unleashed onto the ice dragon slayer sending him flying.

"I still don't understand?!"

"Ha ha my fire isn't just ordinary fire. The flames of Igneel are said to incinerate anything within their path."

"I see I underestimated you. But it's over now. Dragon slayers secret art."

Upon saying this, a dark blue circle appeared beneath his feet. Natsu smirked as he welcomed the challenge.