Chapter 17: Bolt of demise

"Igneel there is no way I can eat all this fire it will burn my insides up!"

"Natsu that is no way a dragon slayer should talk! How do you intend to become one with fire if you can't eat it! Natsu I believe in you my son."

"Yes alright dad!"

Natsu inhaled deeply as he consumed the flames Igneel had produced for his son to absorb. As the flames travelled through Natsu's oesophagus, Natsu began to feel energised and full up. 

Natsu was now engulfed in flames as he exploded in power.

"What is this? Igneel I feel flames in my lungs."

"Natsu this is the next stage of dragon slayer magic. Channel the flames within you and unleash an attack on that mountain."

"You're right Igneel I hear the flames whispering to me."

"Unleash your power!"

"Alright Father! Fire dragon's iron fist!

As Natsu's flame fist collided with the mountain, on impact the mountain top obliterated.

"Natsu I'm proud of you my son"

Natsu blinked after opening his eyes he saw Igneel in the distance flying away.

"IGNEEL! COME BACK!"

Natsu awoke in shock drenched in sweat. After calming down, Natsu had now realised he wasn't out in the woods but in his home.

"Igneel why did you leave?" Natsu said through tearful eyes.

"Natsu its okay" Lisanna said whilst comforting him in a warm hug. You'll find him some day."

"But why did he leave Lis-chan was I not good enough as a dragon slayer for him?"

"I'm sure Igneel had his reasons for disappearing. But I bet he is gazing down at you with pride as he watches you battle with your dragon slayer magic."

"You're right Lisanna. I love you." Natsu said grinning

"Lisanna I'm going out on a job. I'll be back soon okay?"

"Okay, Natsu are you okay?"

Natsu removed his scaly white scarf that Igneel gave him and placed it around Lisanna's neck.

"Look after it for me until I get back okay Lis-chan."

"Of course Natsu".

Natsu left the building with his thumb and index finger raised to the sky.

"Lis-chan I'll be home soon."

Lisanna mirrored Natsu's salute and blew Natsu a kiss.

Meanwhile in the Fairy tail guildhall.

"How dare you make me drop my strawberry cake! Do you want to die that badly?"

Erza yelled as she held Gray in an arm lock.

"I'm sorry Erza I didn't mean it I swear!"

"Gray real men don't whine and you consider yourself a man?!"

"Elfman silence! This does not concern you!"

"Sorry miss."

Gray regained his footing as he saw the one who caught his eye. She was at a bench reading a book.

"What are you reading Lucy?" Gray questioned

"Now I'm a member of Fairy Tail I intend to get stronger. So I asked Mira if she had any books on celestial magic in the Fairy Tail archive."

"That's sweet! So there is magic beyond your celestial keys?"

"Yeah". Suddenly, Lucy and Gray's conversation was interrupted when the intimidating S class wizard arrived in the guild hall.

"Hey Lisanna you're looking gorgeous today." Laxus said to the white haired maiden who was happily stroking Natsu's scarf.

"Give up Laxus my heart belongs to Natsu."

"Come on I'm just offering you an upgrade. I'm stronger than that wimp could ever dream of becoming!"

"Natsu is my dragon prince." Lisanna said whilst blushing.

"Give me a break he wasn't raised by a dragon! He's a liar."

"Laxus you're going too far!" Makarov yelled.

Laxus grabbed Lisanna by the arms trying to get her to kiss him.

"Laxus! Natsu isn't going to like you brushing up to his girl. Let her go!" gray yelled towards him.

"Laxus you'd be wise to let my little sister go." Said Mira with demonic eyes as a purple magic circle appeared above.

Laxus put his arm around Lisanna's neck and held her towards him.

"Let Lisanna go! Take over beast arm!"

Laxus quickly defeated Elfman unleashing a bolt of lightning.

"Come Lisanna we have much to talk about."

"Laxus I'm going to say this only once. LET HER GO!"

Every body's eyes met the angered dragon who had just entered the hall.

"Or what Natsu what are you going to do?"

"I'll tear your freaking head off you BASTARD!"

Natsu charged the S class mage with flames of fury.

All of a sudden he was halted in his path.

"Enchantments?"

"It's hopeless Natsu you can't escape until Laxus escapes."

"Freid! Let me out you coward!"

"I won't let you harm Laxus Natsu."

Laxus smirked as he viewed Natsu struggling like an animal in a cage.

"Natsu help me!"

Laxus punched Lisanna in the gut causing her to lose consciousness.

"Laxus you bastard you hit Lisanna!"

"Enjoy her while she is yours. Soon she will be the newest member of the thunder legion!"

"STOP! LET HER GO!"

A blinding light flashed through the guildhall as Laxus escaped as a bolt of lightning.

Natsu's dragon scale scarf falling to the floor after Lisanna was whisked away.

Freed shortly followed after with his dark ericture wings.

The enchantment fell as did Natsu to his knees.

"Natsu?"

Erza walked towards Natsu sensing his emotion.

"DAMN IT DAMN IT! I failed her!" Natsu said whilst punching the floor.

Tears flooded Natsu's eyes as he continued to punch the ground.

"Natsu it's okay we'll save her."

"Oi Natsu crying like a baby won't save her you fire drooling fool! Stand up and let's go find her!"

"Let's go Natsu" Erza said as she lifted him from his knees.

"Lisanna I'm coming to save you."

Lucy, gray, Elfman, Natsu and Erza rushed out the guildhall in search of the thunder legion and Laxus.