Chapter 22 welcome back

Chapter 22 Welcome back

Lisanna shook in fear as she saw the attack quickly approaching her. She closed her eyes in fear as she looked death in the eyes. The lightning collided with its target full force.

"Ha ha I always promised to protect you Lisanna."

Natsu fell to the ground upon being hit by the lightning blast.

Laxus placed his hand upon his extended right arm generating a magic circle at the end.

Lightning surged and generated powerfully within the circle. "That's fine Natsu stay still if you want it makes hitting you so much easier!" "Lightning bullet!" a rain shower of lightning strikes rained down upon Natsu. However, he didn't move an inch determined to protect Lisanna. The lightning barrage tortured his body with exploding agony but he still refused to dodge. The lightning Lisanna gazed at the wizard blocking all the attacks that would hit her should he move from his position.

"Just die Natsu!" Laxus bellowed sending a lightning bolt directly into his chest. The blow knocked the wind out of Natsu but he didn't move still refusing to budge. Natsu why does that name seem familiar Lisanna thought to herself. It brings a warm sensation to my heart. Laxus tossed another lightning bolt at Natsu. Natsu motioned his arms into a crossing formation bracing for impact. "Don't worry Lisanna I will protect you no matter what!"Lisanna stared in confusion why does he bring a warm sensation towards me? Wait those words I've heard them before?

"Natsu what are you doing get away from there or you're going to die!" Erza shouted

"Don't worry Lisanna I will protect you no matter what!"

A tear escaped Lisanna's emotionless eyes as she gazed upon the one who saved her.

All of a sudden various flashing images appeared in Lisanna's head. The first of a young boy with a cheeky grin holding an egg with decorative patterns. The second was the same boy getting down on his knees begging a forest Vulcan to let herself go. And finally, was the boy now a man with golden flames surrounding him stopping a beast's fist from hitting her saving her life. Those words echoed through her head "I promised I would always protect you Lis-chan."

Lisanna's eyes flooded with tears. "Natsu I'm so sorry." She dropped to her knees as she cradled his head within her arms.

"Awww what a touching reunion but it's over NATSU!"

"Lightning dragon's heavenward halberd!"

"Stop it!" Lisanna cried out.

Natsu stood once again taking the attack full force.

The halberd surrounded Natsu with lighting.

"Heh I know I may regret this but."

Natsu inhaled with all his strength eating Laxus' Lightning.

"Natsu you know you can only eat fire."Laxus chuckled

Natsu roared in pain as the lightning travelled through his oesophagus.

"Ha ha Natsu you know you're not strong enough to eat my lightning you fool!"

Natsu grasped at his throat as he coughed violently in reaction to the lightning.

Natsu stood on his feet now surrounded by lightning and flames!

Natsu roared with power exploding with magic power. He gazed upon his nemesis with menacing eyes.

"Laxus! You're going to pay!"

"I don't believe it the lightning flame dragon!" Lisanna said in awe.

"Here I come!"

"Lightning fire dragon's iron fist, talons, wing attack." Laxus was shocked with the amount of magic power Natsu still had within him and the power of his dragon force.

Natsu striked Laxus with a flurry of fire and lightning punches to his stomach.

"Lightning flame dragon's firing hammer!"

"Damn you bastard!"

"Lightning dragon's roar!"

"lighting flame dragon's roar!"

The element breath blasts collided destroying the majority of the roof.

Natsu emerged from the smoke lunging for Laxus.

"Lighting flame dragon's claw!"

Natsu clawed at Laxus's torso setting him on fire.

"Your really annoying me now Natsu!"

Laxus grabbed Natsu by the arm throwing him into the air.

"Lightning dragon's roar!"

The magic attack caused an explosion of high magnitude.

"It's over weakling! What the!?"

Laxus's eyes grew wider when he saw Natsu emerge from the smoke not even scratched.

"Ha ha don't make me laugh Laxus. You're not a real dragon slayer. You were never taught by the mighty dragons it's over now Laxus!"

"This is the end Laxus! Dragon slayers secret arts. Lighting flame dragon's exploding lighting flame blade!" Natsu engulfed one hand with lightning and the other in flames. Swinging his arms around rapidly, Natsu created a highly destructive vortex of fire and lightning.

"DAMN YOU NATSU!"

Laxus soared into the air crashing back down to the ground.

Lisanna rushed to Natsu's side as he roared in triumph. She kept running tears flooding her eyes.

"NATSUUUUUU" Lisanna hugged Natsu cradling him within her arms.

"My Natsu I Love you thank you for saving me again. You truly are incredible."

"I'm just glad you're safe Lis-chan" Natsu grinned as he hugged her back.