Chapter 29 Lisanna's birthday

Lisanna arose from her slumber smiling brightly to match the sunlight reflecting through her window. She stretched her joints unable to contain her excitement her smile still not leaving her face for tomorrow was a very special day. It was Lisanna's 17th birthday but not only that it was her first birthday with Natsu as her boyfriend she could hardly wait. They have been dating for half a year now and she couldn't wait to see what surprises he had in store for her tomorrow.

She hasn't seen him much lately though because he has been going off to do something without her. But she didn't mind.

He was allowed time to himself.

Lisanna got herself dressed and went down stairs to start off her morning.

Meanwhile... Natsu and happy are putting the finishing touches on Natsu's recently constructed creation.

Happy handed Natsu a nearby hammer as he ignited the item with flames bringing the hammer down onto it given it its final shape.

"Wow Natsu it looks very pretty" happy said as he admired Natsu's work.

"You think so thanks little buddy". Natsu said smiling back.

"Well it's the first time you've actually used your fire to create something instead of destroying it." Happy replied eyes wide open.

"It just needs a little more work and it will be done." Natsu said whilst he continued working on his project. Summoning more flames on to it as he moulded it into the designed shape he had planned.

"Natsu are you in here?"

"Crap its Lisanna happy hide it!" Natsu said throwing the item to happy.

"Ahhh Natsu it's still hot!" Happy struggled juggling the object in his hands.

"Ahhh Lisanna good afternoon" Natsu smiled making sure to distract Lisanna from happy behind him.

Happy hid the item as he submerged it into the water completing it then returned to Natsu's side.

Lisanna smiled as happy made his presence aware.

"So Lisanna what's that you have got there?" Natsu questioned pointing at the basket in her hand.

"Well we haven't spent much time together lately where you have been busy on jobs all the time, so I prepared a little picnic.

"Sure! Sounds great lis-chan."

Natsu Lisanna and happy spent the afternoon in solar park laughing and talking until the sun descended below the horizon. By which point Natsu used his dragon slayer magic to create fire works in the sky to bring a beautiful and dynamic end to a beautiful day.

Natsu smiled as he thought about his plan for Lisanna tomorrow. He was going to make sure it was her best birthday yet.

"It's so pretty! I wish we could stay like this forever."

"Don't worry Lisanna i'm not going anywhere promise." Lisanna rested on his shoulder and gazed in awe at the beautiful view.

The next day...

The fairy tail guildhall erupted with cheers and laughter as all the guild members wished Lisanna a happy birthday.

Mirajane glared menacingly at the master when he tried to grope Lisanna again stopping his hand in its path. The master simply fled with a pint of alcohol in his hand.

Lisanna smiled as she felt a warm feeling around her as her dragon slayer wrapped his arms around her from behind.

"Hey birthday girl. I got you a present."