Chapter 10 face your fears to save your peers!

Chapter 10: Face your fears to save your peers!

Erza and Gray walked through what seemed to be endless corridors.

"Erza take a look at this." Gray said whilst pointing at the wall in front of him. 

Erza acknowledged Gray and her gaze met where his finger was pointing.

Gray and Erza both stared at the painting on the wall of a man walking through a door and moments later being brought to his knees covering his head in fear.

"What do you think this means Erza?" Gray questioned.

"I'm not sure I can't read this language." The armoured wizard and the ice wizard journeyed on further but were forced to come to a halt.

There in front of them was a cross road one going left and the other right.

"Let's split up it's the only way to find those flames quicker. Natsu's life hangs in the balance".

"Gotcha let's go". Gray went down the left pathway whilst Erza took the right.

 Gray noticed a purple line appear behind him.

"Crap Runes!" 

Gray read the conditions; in order to proceed further you must prove yourself both strong minded and willed. 

Gray proceeded onward but all of a sudden came to a stop. As he gazed in front of him in shock.

"Ul?!"

Erza travelled onward after passing the runes. What did they mean strong willed and minded Erza thought to herself only for her thoughts to be interrupted by a blinding light. 

Erza now became petrified when she saw where she was.

"It can't be. No, not here!"

"So you've finally returned Erza?" A huge sense of fear chilled down her very spine at the sound of that voice. She spun round to find the source of the voice.

"Jellal?!"

Elfman and Lisanna had also been forced to split up. 

Elfman protested at first saying that a real man has to stay and protect his sister but she soon made him let her go after reasoning they would find the flames quicker.

Elfman ran off down the corridor yelling "A Real man isn't afraid of danger!"

Lisanna sighed and carried on.

Runes appeared right in front of her saying do you have the strength to protect your loved ones? Lisanna ran on ahead fearing the worst. She saw ahead a muscular man with pink hair, a black jacket and a white scarf around his neck.

"Natsu?" What Lisanna saw next upset her greatly.

"Lisanna run!" She became flooded with emotion as she saw her boyfriend be stabbed and kicked to the floor. 

She experienced a painful sense of Déjà vu. As she gazed upon those sinister red eyes and that malicious grin. Lisanna charged the silhouette in anger.

Elfman was worried about Lisanna but he had faith in his little sister.

 All of a sudden, runes appeared in front of him which read are you strong enough to defeat yourself? Elfman was puzzled at the riddle until he was attacked by a muscular figure the same as himself.

"Hey real men don't do sneak attacks!" At the point Elfman prepared for battle transforming his arm into the arm of a beast.

"Take over beast arm!"