Chapter 9

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair as I turned to look at Tyler. "I really am sorry I ruined dinner."

He smiled softly at me and shook his head. "Don't worry about it, you didn't know he'd come. I had a good time with you. Even though you spent half the time whispering to Spencer." He chuckled.

"Yeah, he just knows how to get under my skin." I sighed. I looked over and saw Spencer and Jason in the kitchen, clinking bottles of beer.

"I actually want to do this again."

I scoffed and looked at him incredulously. "You're serious?"

"You're not that bad." He said with an innocent wink.

"Gee thanks," I teased. "Really know how to compliment a lady." I said.

He grinned toothily and took my hand. "I'll text you?"

"I'd like that." I said.

I hesitantly leaned forward and brushed my lips against his cheeks. He cupped my cheek and brought our lips together, kissing me tenderly. I pressed my forehead against his.

"Text me," I said before getting out.

I stepped out and smiled at Tyler before walking up to my front door. I unlocked the door and slammed it, glaring at Spencer. His shirt was unbuttoned and a bottle was in his hand as Jason was talking to Joanna who was on the counter, her feet dangling as Jason was between her legs.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Why are you such a dick?" I countered.

"Huh?" He furrowed his brow.

I huffed out a breath and took my heels off, marching towards him. "You asshole, you sabotaged my date!" I said as I hit him with my clutch.

"Ow! Shit there's metal on that!" Spencer hissed.

"Good!" I shouted as I continued to smack him.

"Jason control the thing!"

"You asshole!" I shouted.

"Get in your cage!" He shouted.

"You're a dead man!" I said, pushing him harder so that he started stumbling.

"Whoa, slow down there." Jason said, pulling me away.

"Hi!" Joanna said, being her normal perky self.

"Hey Jo," I said absentmindedly. "Jason let me go."

"No can do."

"Jason, let me fucking go!"

"Don't trust her man! She could have some secret plan to chop my dick off. I'll probably end up like the guy from 21 Jump Street who got his dick shot off! Help a brother out!" Spencer said.

"I warned you when I said I would castrate you. It's not my fault you didn't take me seriously." I said simply before slamming my fists into Jason. "Now let me go so I can castrate the motherfucker and kill him!"

"I don't even know why you care so much that I went. You don't even like him that much!

"You don't know that you dipshit!"

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." Spencer said mockingly.

"I'm going to bury you alive!" I shouted.

"Baby doll are you mad we didn't finish what we started?"

"What's he talking about?" Jason asked.