Chapter 17

I woke up the next morning remembering everything from last night's events. I smiled to myself and turned to see that Spencer was sound asleep next to me. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head against his chest, kissing him lightly. I felt him stir beneath me and press his lips to my head.

"How on earth did you wake up to that?" I asked, propping myself on my elbows.

He chuckled and ran a hand through his already messy hair. "Good morning to you too, princess." He said, kissing my cheek.

"Good morning," I said grinning. "Seriously though, how did you wake up?" I asked incredulously.

He shrugged, smirking. "I was already awake. I just wanted to wait till you woke up to get out of bed." He said, rolling off the bed and slipping his boxers on.

I wrapped the sheets around my body and looked at him as he walked to the bathroom. "Do they give extra toothbrushes here?" Spencer mumbled.

I laughed and slipped my tank top and underwear back on before going into the bathroom. I went in and went through my bag full of toiletries and handed him a brand new toothbrush. He raised an eyebrow as he took it. "Knowing everyone I thought someone would need a toothbrush in case they forgot it or dropped it in the toilet knowing Jason." I shrugged.

"And that is exactly why I love you." He said, pecking my cheek and turning to the sink.

I laughed and rolled my eyes, trying to squeeze near the sink with Spencer to brush my teeth. When I finished fighting him off trying to just spit some toothpaste out I went to get the menu for room service. I went through the options and groaned.

"Can we go to the buffet instead?" I asked Spencer. He was concentrating on his phone and completely oblivious to his surroundings. "Hello, earth to Spence?" I said, waving my hands in front of his face.

"It's 11:30; the buffet is closed from 11 to 1, then they serve lunch."

"Ugh," I groaned. "What do you want from the menu?"

"Do you have your laptop with you?" He asked.

I furrowed my brow. "Yeah, it's in my bag." I said.

He quickly stood up and went into the bedroom, searching for it. "Which bag?" He shouted.

"The black on by the nightstand!"

"Got it!" He said, coming back with my Mac in his hands. He quickly turned it on and drummed his fingers on the table.

I looked at him worriedly. "Spencer, what's going on?"

"I'm not sure just yet." He said, cracking his fingers.

I dragged a chair next to his and watched my computer start up. I quickly typed in my password and he opened up Safari on it. I saw him type the address for the news and I furrowed my brow again, nibbling on my lip. "What hap-"

I stopped talking when I saw the title, "Local teen killed in a car accident." in bold print.

"Kelsey," Spencer said slowly. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I blinked rapidly and tried to snap myself out of it. This was a dream; it had to be. The teenager in the picture was Tyler. "H-he was just... how?" I asked. I couldn't say I was happy he died; he was just a kid. Yeah, he did a shitty thing but I would never wish death upon him.

I felt Spencer squeeze my hand as he scrolled through the article. "Apparently he was speeding down a curve and there were rock walls on both sides. While he was turning a corner he lost control of the car and went over the medium, crashing into the wall. He died on impact." Spencer said softly.