Chapter 21

I heard the doorbell and nudged Spencer. “Door, get the door.” I mumbled.

“You get the door.” He said into his pillow.

“It’s your house.”

“It’s probably your brother.”

“He’s your best friend.”

“He’s your blood.”

“Not by choice.” I grumbled.

He groaned and sat up, staring me down. “You’re lucky I love you.”

“Yeah, yeah.” I waved him away and covered my face with my pillow.

I felt Spencer stand up from the bed and mutter a few incoherent words, probably bad ones. A few minutes later I heard Jason’s voice and seconds later I felt people jumping on me. “For the love of God, can I not get some sleep?” I shouted, kicking Jason off of me.

“Well what’s the fun in that?”

I rolled my eyes and propped myself up on my elbows. “Is dad home?”

“Actually, I came here to pick you up because dad wants to have a family day.”

“A family day?” I questioned.

“Believe it or not, yes.” Jason shrugged. “And he said that you can come too. Jo is coming if you decide to come so you should.” He said, turning to Spencer who was leaning against the doorframe in his underwear and a t-shirt, a tooth brush hanging loosely from his mouth.

“You just want Joanna to come so that’s why you want me to go.”

“So?”

He shrugged and went back to the bathroom to spit out his toothpaste. “I’m in, let me shower first.”

“No! I wanna shower first.” I protested.

“You and I both know that you take forever.”

I scoffed. “I have more to do.” I defended.

“Bullshit!”

“Just go shower!”

“Wow, I hope someday I can have a relationship like yours where we fight over important things like who gets to shower first.” Jason said.

I glared at him and threw a pillow at his head. “Make me coffee?” I asked.

“How about no?”

I glared at him again and went under the covers. “Then go away; I’m tired.”

“Don’t be such a baby.” He said, pulling me by my ankles.

“Don’t be so annoying.” I shouted.

After ten minutes of Jason’s constant harassment, Spencer stepped out of the bathroom with a towel loosely around his waist and his hair dripping wet causing little water beads to fall down his chest.

“Don’t you ever leave?” He asked Jason.

“Don’t you ever own a shirt? God damn it man!” Jason said before stomping out of the room.

I cocked my head to the side and watched him go. “And to this day, he questions why I still think we aren’t blood related.”

Spencer chuckled and pulled on a pair of underwear, throwing his towel at my head. “Go shower.”

“Eh, can’t I snap my fingers and already be clean?”

“No,” He said flatly. “But you should really hurry up cause I’m starving.”