Chapter 27

“This one?” Hayley asked, holding up a puffy blue dress.

“No.” I groaned.

“How about this one?” She asked, now holding up a purple one.

I covered my face with my book and groaned, kicking my feet. “No!”

“Okay, how about-“

“For the love of fucking god, no! No, no, no, no, no, no! They’re all horrible! This entire idea is horrible!” I shouted at the top of my lungs.

Hayley glared at me and put her hands on her hips. “Why are you so opposed to going to this party?”

I snorted a laugh. She makes it seem like this were any typical party. But no, it was far more complex than that.

Now you see, every year Tanner Carmichael’s family hosts a Halloween party. But this isn’t just some stupid Halloween party. This is like a party in Malibu with the richest people in town, kind of party. Meaning, a lot of expensive alcohol, very drunk teenagers, parents who don’t give a fuck, and a lot of hook ups. I was invited before, but never felt the need to go.

Now that I am newly single and “moping around like freaking Eeyore,” Hayley thinks we should actually go this year. That, and she’s been dying to screw Tanner’s brains out. I’m not gonna lie, the guy looks as if he were created by the God’s or something. But that still doesn’t mean I’d willingly go to this stuck up kid’s party.

“Listen here Mopey,” Ah, a new nickname. “Either you pep the hell up or I’m going to the party alone.” Hayley warned.

I gave her a flat look and rolled my eyes. “I’ve been trying to convince you to do that for the past week.” I said flatly.

“But it’ll be more fun if we both go! Come on, I think this is the perfect way to show you’re back on the market!”

“It’s only been a few weeks, Hay.”

“You don’t actually have to do anything. I’m just saying, this is a good opportunity for you to see that there are better guys than Spencer Adams.”

I bit on my bottom lip and sighed, rubbing my face. “If I agree to going to this party, will you let me pick out your dress? Because Hay, I love your style, but you’re totally missing the mark with these dresses.” I said, standing up from the bench she has by her window.

She dropped the dresses on her bed and opened both doors of her closet. “You got it.” She grinned excitedly.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to regret this, but what the hell? Why not?

Spencer’s POV

“And you want to go to this party because?” I asked, staring up at my best friend.

Jason glared at me and grabbed me by shirt and pulled me closer to him. “Because my little sister’s best friend has plans of getting her to fuck someone at this party! That’s why!”

“Last time I recall, you said she said ‘You don’t actually have to do anything. I’m just saying, this is a good opportunity for you to see that there are better guys than Spencer Adams’ right?”

“Man, read between the lines! This is a high school party. High school boys, are crazy hormone-driven boys. High school hormone-driven boys will be having access to alcohol. Alcohol will make hormone-driven boys even hornier. You called my sister ‘sex on legs’. Now if you put my sister in a short and sexy dress, do you know what happens?” Jason asked.

I scratched the back of my head and took a swig of my beer. “No, but I have a feeling that you’re going to tell me anyways.” I groaned.

“It means kiss kiss bang bang! That’s what it means!”