Chapter 16

Kelsey’s POV

I stepped out of the shower and quickly wrapped a towel around my body to stop the cool air from biting at my skin. To be completely honest I wasn’t up for going out with everyone. I was confused, tired, and just drained, emotionally and physically. But I didn’t want everyone worrying about me and I didn’t want to ruin their vacation any more than I already have.

I quickly dried off and tied my hair in a high messy bun. I made my way to the drawers where I put all of my clothes away since we were here for another five days. I pulled out a long, light pink skirt and grabbed a ruffled white tank top. I slid on a pair of wedges and went to quickly do my make up since I realized I was late. I heard a banging on my door and I groaned. With my makeup bag in hand I made my way to the door to see a grinning Spencer leaning against the doorframe.

“I’m hurrying, I swear!” I said.

He laughed and shut the door behind him. “I don’t know why you’re wasting your time doing your makeup. You don’t even need it.”

“Do too.” I grumbled, coating my eyelashes with mascara.

He grabbed my hand gently and made me look at him. “No, you really don’t.” He said seriously. I looked at him and then looked down, clearing my throat.

“Okay, if you insist.” I said, putting my makeup away and looking at him. “Now why are you here and not with Hayley?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

He smirked at me, smug that he got me to not put on makeup. I raised a brow, waiting for his response and he rolled his eyes, making his way into the little kitchen the suite offered. He looked in the fridge and grabbed a beer from it, hopping onto the granite countertop and taking a long swig. “About Hayley,” He trailed off. “I want to break up with her. The reason why I haven’t done it yet is because I want you to know. I want to get back together with you.” He said.

I narrowed my eyes and shook my head. “No, we already made that mistake and look how well that ended. We only lasted a week.”

“Because I wimped out. But I won’t do it again.” He promised.

I scoffed and pulled a chair out. “Spencer, if you did it once, you’ll do it again.”

“Not if I got my shit together and figured out what it was that I was feeling. Hell I still feel it.” He said, moving off the counter and into the chair next to me.

I shook my head. “I’m not doing that to Hayley.”

“You know, for once why don’t you think about yourself Kels? You’re a teenager; you’re supposed to be selfish. It’s your time to be selfish. Why don’t you take advantage of that? Fuck what I want, what Hayley wants, even what Jason wants. What do you want?” He said.

I sighed and shook my head. “Just because I’m a teenager and have the time to be selfish doesn’t mean I’m going to act like a complete asshole. That’s not who I am Spencer.”

“I’m going to ask you again. What do you want?” He said even slower.

“To end this conversation.”

“What do you want?” He repeated.

“Spence-“

“What do you want?”

“Stop it!”

“Say it!”

“No!” I shouted frustrated.

“Damn it Kelsey, say it!” He shouted, slamming his fists on the glass table.

“You! I want you!” I shouted, clutching my head and shaking my head. “It’s always been you.” I whispered. “Even when we were younger and I would pretend to hate you. I would lie to everyone, even myself.”