Chapter 34

“Kelsey, wake up!” I heard.

I groaned as I recognized the familiar deep voice.

“Doesn’t he know there are other people in this house? Besides, isn’t he on probation with you dad for getting you knocked up?” Hayley groaned.

I scoffed, propping myself up on my elbows.

“I’ll kick the door down!”

“That ironic considering the fact that you were the one that wanted me to get the fuck out.” I snapped.

“Kelsey,” He said, his voice softening. “Please open the door.”

I looked at Hayley and she shrugged, standing up and opening the door.

Before Spencer could say something she swiftly brushed shoulders with him. “Make her cr and your balls are mine.” He threatened.

Spencer held his hands up in defense and I couldn’t help but smile gratefully at Hayley.

She shut the door and Spencer stuffed his hands in his pockets.

“Well you woke me up and managed to piss me off in the timespan of two minutes. If you’re just going to stand there, I’m going to go back to bed.”

He pursed his lips and slowly made his way towards me. “On a scale from one to ten, how pissed are you?” He asked hesitantly.

I rolled my eyes and dropped back on my bed. “I’m not mad, I’m frustrated.”

“I’m sorry, I forget that I have to be more patient.” He said, looking down at my stomach and then back to my eyes.

“It’s fine.” I sighed. “I have to remember that I’m also crazy and hormonal.”

“So are we good?”

“That depends, are you going to flip on me again?”

“No.”

“Are you going to acknowledge the fact that you’re not okay?”

“No.” He sighed.

“Then go.”

“Kelsey-“

“Stop, I’m sick of fighting over the same shit with you. Either you admit it or you leave.”

“Fine, I’m fucked up! Are you happy?”

"Happy? You think hearing you say that makes me happy?"

"Why else would you be so persistent in wanting to hear my say that?"

"Because once you admit it, it'll help you accept it and deal with it properly!"

Spencer sighed and dropped his head in his hands. "I didn't come here to talk about my mental well-being. I came here to make up with you." He said, lifting his head up and grabbing my hand. "And also to get my car back."

I looked at him and saw the slight smile on his lips. It didn't quite show in his eyes and that's what worried me. His lips may be turned upward, but deep down I knew it was fake.

"You know, even if we have a fight or we just get upset with one another, you still have me, right? We're having a kid together. We're always going to be in each other's lives."

"I know." He said, his expression neutral once again

"And you know if you can't talk to me, you can talk to Jason."

"Yeah."

"And I'm pissing you off."

"Damn right." He nodded, pushing himself off the bed.