Chapter 19

A/N: Please read notes at the end of this chapter*

.....................................................................................................................................

“Not even first period of the first day of school and you’re going to get me expelled!” I hissed.

Spencer sighed and turned away from the computer in the front office. “Will you relax?” Spencer snapped. I groaned and leaned forward, looking at what Bobby, surprisingly amazing with hacking, was up to.

“How long is this going to take?”

I saw Bobby stick his tongue out slightly as he typed away at the computer. “Just one,” He said before pulling up a profile identical to mine. “Second.” The printer came to life and I pulled out Spencer’s schedule.

I scanned my eyes and saw that it actually looked perfect. “You seriously want to endure your entire senior year? Spencer, you were in this school for three years. They’re going to know.” I said.

“One, I’m only planning on enduring a few days, a week tops, of the easiest year of high school. Two, I was shipped off. They won’t know whether I was held back or not. Three, if I behave myself my file won’t even be pulled up, so you have nothing to worry about princess.”

 I nibbled on my lip and handed him his schedule. “This is a horrible idea.”

“You just need to loosen up.” He said, standing up and clapping hands with Bobby. He came to me and cupped my cheeks, kissing my forehead. “Everything will work out fine, okay?”

~~~

“I need a drink!” Spencer shouted as we stormed into my house. I laughed and dropped my bag on the table. Spencer looked through the fridge and grabbed a beer letting out a sigh of relief once he took the first gulp. “Alcohol has been there for me throughout so much stuff.” Spencer said, practically cradling the can.

“Relax; it was only the first week of school.”

“It was only the first week of school? Until today I haven’t realized what it’s like to actually love the weekend. I can’t grow some stubble, I had to cut my hair, I have to arrive on time. God damn it why didn’t I just lock you in your room until I had more information on this kid?”

Jason came down the stairs, slipping a t-shirt over his head. “He’s come home like this for the past four days. What the hell are they doing to him in that school?”

“Easy, he’s forced to behave so it’s driving him insane.”

“Ah, I see.”

“Damn it man, it’s horrible! It’s like prison.”

“Wow,” Jason said, rubbing his head. “Listen, mom is looking for you. I need to go pick up my tux. Adams, you coming?” Jason shouted to Spencer.

“Whoa, wait a tux; for what?” I asked. “Prom was months ago.”

“Oh you’re going to get it.”

“What’s happening?” Spencer asked confused.

“Ah! Spencer, Kelsey, I was looking for the two of you. Now Spence I just assumed your size but I ordered your tux along with Jason’s so you two should go pick that up now. We can’t be late tonight!”

“Um, I’m sorry, why are they going to need tux’s?” I asked confused, running my hand through my messy hair.

My mom sighed and gave me a disappointed look. “Sweetheart tonight is the charity masquerade that my company is having.” My mom said as if I should’ve known this months ahead.