Chapter 31

"You fucking bastard! I'm going to kill you!" I shouted, reaching forward at Spencer.

"Whoa, calm down!" Jason shouted over me, pulling me away from him.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Spencer asked incredulously.

"You know what I'm fucking talking about!"

"Clearly I don't! If I did, I'd understand why the hell you look like you want to rip my dick off!" Spencer shouted.

"Let me go!" I shouted as I lunged forward again and reached for Spencer.

"Can someone just explain what the hell is going on?" Joanna asked, storming into the room with Hayley right behind her.

"You didn't even tell him?" Hayley scolded me.

"Sorry, maybe the fact that he's such an idiot made me lose my train of thought." I snapped.

"Kelsey, I think you should tell him." Hayley whispered.

"Tell me what?" Spencer shouted, clearly confused.

I can't really blame him. Just kidding, I can. Because this is all his fault!

I opened my mouth and closed it again before taking a deep breath. "You're going to want to actually sit on that chair instead of using it as a shield." I said, before diving into my story.

I stepped out of the bathroom and twirled in a circle, causing the skirt of my dress to puff out.

"Well, what do you think?" I asked Spencer, placing my hands on my hips.

Spencer stopped pacing back and forth and stared at me with his mouth agape.

"Kels-"

"Aw come on, I was really hoping I'd nailed it on the first try." I groaned, reaching for the zipper.

Spencer laughed and rushed to me, stopping me from taking the dress off. "Baby, it's perfect. You're perfect."

"Really?" I asked softly, caught off guard by his compliment.

"You look absolutely stunning." He said, placing his hands on my hips and turning me around. "Look at you." He said, pressing his lips to my neck.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was in a purple, satin dress. The sleeves were loose and slightly ruffled, the deep v-neck revealed just the right amount of cleavage, and the dress stopped a few inches above my knees. It was elegant yet sexy.

"So I should stay in it?" I asked?

"Baby girl, if you don't keep that dress on, then we're not leaving this house." He grinned. "And that's saying something since I'm usually always wishing your clothes were off."

I felt a blush creep up my cheeks and I playfully smacked him. "You're such a gentleman." I said, rolling my eyes as I slipped into a pair of nude heels.

"I try." He said, bowing down.

I laughed and dragged him by his wrist. "Jason, I'm ready!" I shouted as I pulled Spencer down the stairs.

"Aw that's cute; you're matching." Joanna said from the couch.

Spencer flipped her off and I sighed. "It wasn't intended!"

I looked at Spencer who had on a light purple button down, a silver tie, black dress pants, and a pair of black high top Supras. I eyed his shoes and sighed. Apparently it's too much to ask for to get him in a tie and dress shoes.

"Whatever, I think we look good." Spencer said, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me close, pecking my cheek.

"Ugh." I grunted, placing a hand on my stomach.

"What's wrong?" Spencer asked.

"Nothing, I just keep getting these stupid stomachaches." I groaned, pulling out of his grasp and making my way to the kitchen in search of water.

"Did you eat something bad?" He asked, concern evident on his face.

I chugged some water and wiped my lips, trying to calm myself. "I'm fine." I said, waving him off.

Jason came down the stairs, fixing his tie, before stopping in front of me. "What's wrong with you?" He asked.

"What?"

"You're all pale and shit. Don't get me wrong, you look nice. But you've had better days."

"Gee, thanks Jason. You sure know how to boost a girl's confidence." I spat.

"It's what I do. You're welcome."

I rolled my eyes and shoved past my idiot brother. "Can we get going? Dad is going to kill us if we're late to his grand opening and engagement party." I said, grabbing my purse and jacket.

"Hey, you're the one that was taking her precious to get ready!" Jason defended.

"Yeah whatever, let's just go!"

~~~

"So, what do you think kiddo?" My dad, grinning nervously at me.

I looked around me at the beautiful restaurant which was finally finished. "I think you did amazing dad." I grinned, squeezing his arm.

"How do I look?" He asked, fixing his suit.

I took in his appearance. My father was clearly nervous, I can't really blame him. He was in a nice grey suit with a black button down shirt that had the top buttons undone.

"Your nerves could pass for you being worried about the restaurant and your suit looks great. Good job, dad." I smiled.

"There you are! I've been looking for you all night." Heather said, walking up to us and linking her arms with my dad's. "Aw Kelsey, you look gorgeous." She said, leaning forward to peck my cheek.

"Thanks, you look great too!" I smiled.

She literally looked like a Barbie. Her blond hair was pulled back in a high, sleek ponytail, and she was in a one-shouldered black dress with red heels.

She looked young but mature; which was practically the perfect way to describe Heather. She might be twenty-eight but she has the soul of an older person.

"I'm going to go find Spencer." I said, giving my dad a reassuring look and smiling at the two.

As I made my way to the bar, I felt my head throb. I felt like absolute shit and I had no idea why. I just wanted to crawl in bed.

"Hey." I said, wrapping my arms around Spencer from behind, resting my chin on his shoulder.

"What's up?" He asked, turning around to pull me in for a hug. "How are you feeling?"

I sighed and rubbed my temple. "My head is killing me and I feel like I'm going to barf." I groaned.

"You want a drink?"

"Can I get a lemon drop martini?" I practically begged.

Hayley walked up to me and eyed me. "You think a drink is going to help?"

"Shut up." I snapped.

"Okay then." She said, holding her hands up in defense.

"I'll order it for you." Spencer said, kissing my temple and walking to the end where the bartender was.

I felt Hayley's eyes on me. "What?" I snapped, rubbing my temples.

"So you think you ate something bad?"

"That's the only explanation." I sighed, feeling my stomach churn. "Oh no." I groaned, covering my mouth and running to the bathroom.

"Kelsey?" Jason asked as I shoved past him.

I ran into the bathroom and one of the stalls before bending down in front of the toilet and pouring out the contents of my stomach.

I felt someone pull my hair back and gratefully looked at Hayley before feeling the urge to vomit again.

When I was finally done, I rinsed my mouth and leaned against the sink, taking deep breaths.

"So," Hayley said.

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Say it."

"What?"

"Say it. Whatever has been on your mind all night; say it."

"You're not going to like it."

"Well I can't handle you staring at me so spit it out." I demanded.

"I think you're pregnant."

I opened my mouth to say something but Hayley held her hand up. "But don't take it seriously. You know me, always blabbing my mouth."

"Hay-"

"I mean maybe you just don't feel good. You guys know what you're doing."

"Hay, I'm-"

"Maybe you really just did eat something bad. You know how-"

"Oh my god, shut up! I'm late!" I shouted. I sighed and dropped my head into my hands. "I'm late." I repeated.

Hayley stared at me in shock and shook her head. "But you said it was spotty. That some months you'd get it but then you'd skip a month."

I shook my head and felt my throat close up. This can't be happening. "It regulated." I said quietly.

"Okay, this is just a theory! You have to take the test." She said, trying to calm me down.

I breathed in deeply and let out a shaky breathe. "I have to find out, like now."

"I'll go. I'll get Jason to give me his keys and I'll go." She said, trying to soothe me.

I looked up at her and nodded my head. "I'm scared." I said, nibbling on my lip.

"Hey, I'm here for you. I'll help you get through it. I'm sure it'll come out negative."

I let Hayley pull me in for a hug. "I hope so."

We stepped out of the bathroom and Hayley quickly disappeared to go get me the test. Just as my dad was calling for everyone's attention, I felt a hand on my hip. I froze and looked at Spencer.

"You okay?" He asked, furrowing his brow. He noticed that I didn't relax with his touch and let go of me.

"I'm fine, I just, I need some air." I said hurriedly.

I started backing away but bumped into my brother. "Hey, I think this is it." Jason said, nodding to my father who was trying to get everyone to quiet down.

"Oh boy." I said.

"I just want to thank everyone for coming out tonight. For so long, I've wanted to step out of my comfort zone and open up this place, but I never could. I could never take initiative and put my dreams into action. Obviously the loss of my wife, well ex-wife I suppose, impacted me greatly. Her passing made me realize that I need to do more while I can.

"The first step was getting close to my kids again. Guys, I love you so much, I can't even begin to explain. You're my world, even if you two can be the biggest pains in the world." My dad said, smiling at me and Jason.

I forced a smile on my lips and allowed Jason to squeeze me in a side hug.

"The second step was fulfilling my dream of opening up my own restaurant. It took countless years of Karen and Kelsey's relentless encouragement, but finally I did it.

"And the third step," My dad said, turning to face Heather. "…would be to marry you." He said, getting down on one knee and pulling the ring box out. Heather put a hand over her mouth and fanned her face. "Heather Morris, will you marry me?" My dad asked, causing tears to spill down her cheeks.

The room was silent and eventually erupted in cheers once Heather nodded her head and blubbered yes.

My dad slid the ring on her ringer and stood up, pulling her close and kissing her.

I turned away and felt the bile of vomit creep up my throat. "Oh, not again." I groaned, covering my mouth.

"Kelsey, where do you keep going?" Spencer asked, grabbing my arm.

I shook my head and kept my mouth covered, squirming out of his grip and barely making it to the bathroom on time.

When I was done, I sat on the sink counter and just focused on my breathing. I sat there with my eyes closed for ten minutes before hearing Hayley walk in again.

"Okay, I got two tests and apparently these are the best ones. So you're going to have to split your pee in half or something." She said.

I stared at her and took the boxes from her. "Thanks Hay." I said, ignoring her stupidity and walking into a stall.

"Do you need water to help the flow or something?"

"I'm fine!" I said from the stall, nervously opening the box.

"Do you want me to go outside?"

"What I want is for you to shut up!" I snapped, my patience wearing thin.

"I'll take that as a yes." I heard her say. Her heels clicked on the marble floor and soon I heard the door shut.

I sighed and finished up, quickly making my way out of the stall. I stared at the stick as I washed my hands.

I paced back and forth, counting down the three minutes I had to wait. I felt the knots form in my stomach and my heartbeat pickup when my timer on my phone went off.

I stared at the stick, not wanting to touch it. God, one mistake. One fucking mistake and now I'm taking this test.

I peered at it and couldn't see the sign on it. Eventually I grew some balls and picked up the stick, reading it.

Positive.

I dropped it, not moving, not even blinking.

I'm pregnant.

I'm seventeen and I'm pregnant.

"Spencer!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.