Chapter 35

“What the hell are you doing here?” I asked, placing a hand on my hip as I slightly closed the door.

Mrs. Adams narrowed her eyes at me. “Last time I checked, it was my house.”

Was, meaning before you abandoned me.” Spencer said, walking up next to me, buttoning his shirt up.

“Spencer, I just want to talk.”

“Let me guess, most of dad’s money is left to me and you want it?”

“No. I mean yes, most of it is left to you, but I’m not here for money; I have enough.”

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. “Then why are you here?” I asked.

She snapped her head in my direction and narrowed her eyes once again. “I’m sorry; I’m talking to my son, not you. Last time I checked, your mother taught you how to respect your elders.”

“Last time I checked, you don’t deserve my respect.” I snapped back.

“Okay baby, how about we cool it.”

I opened my mouth to protest, but Spencer shot me a look that told me to shut my mouth.

I sighed and stepped back, glaring at his mother once more, before spinning on my heels and going back into the kitchen.

Spencer’s POV

I crossed my arms over my chest as I stared at my mother. “What do you want?”

“I want you to come with me to New York.”

“Not happening.”

“Why? What could possibly be holding you back? There’s nothing here for you Spencer!”

I let out a sarcastic chuckle. “See, that’s where you’re wrong mom. There’s plenty here for me.”

She scoffed. “Like what? You’re just wasting your time here!”

“Really? I’m wasting my time? Last time I checked, staying by the mother of my child’s side isn’t considering as wasting my time.”

“What?”

“You heard me.”

“You got her pregnant?”

“Yup.” I said popping the ‘p’

“She’s pregnant with your child?”

“No, with fucking Justin Bieber’s baby. Of course with my child.” I snapped, irritated by her presence.

“I know I may not be the best mother out there, but I still deserve respect.”

“Respect is earned, not given. If I recall that correctly, you told me that.”

My mother stared at me like I had just kicked a puppy in the face.

“I’m your mother; you’re supposed to respect me.”

“You’re not my mother, you never were. A mother wouldn’t have abandoned her kid or sent him off to boarding school because she gave up on him!”

“I didn’t know what else to do! Your father, he proposed the idea!”

“He didn’t press a gun to your head and force you to agree, did he?” I snarled.

“There’s no opposing your father,” She sighed.

“Just because you were too scared to stand up against him doesn’t justify your actions. I’m not going to New York with you. I’m not taking over his business. And I’m sure as hell not forgiving you for the shit that you let me go through.”