Chapter 23

“I knew I liked you for your beauty and your brains.” He grinned.

I narrowed my eyes and massaged my temples, trying to figure out what was happening. “You’re supposed to be dead.”

“No, it’s assumed that I’m dead. They never found a body.” He shrugged.

“What?” I asked incredulously.

“It’s really not that complicated.” He said simply.

“Okay, can we go back for a second? What the hell do you mean it’s assumed that you’re dead?” I questioned.

“It’s all part of the plan.”

“What plan? God damn it, what do you guys want from me?”

“We want Spencer and to get to him we have to get you.” He said simply.

“Really? It wasn’t enough to hunt him down and hurt the people around him?” I asked, narrowing my eyes at Tyler.

“Sweetheart,” He said, cupping my face in his hands. I tried pushing him away but it was no use. “Don’t you know we don’t feel any remorse?”

“Huh, so that’s why the sex sucked; because you’re a cold, heartless bastard! I get it now, thanks for clearing it up for me.” I spat.

He scowled at me. “Would you like to give it another go?”

“I’d rather bite my arm off.”

“Alright, enough harassing the captive. As much as she annoys me, we need her.” Jake said, strolling into the room.

“You bastard,” I growled, trying to stand up but hissing in pain from moving my leg.

“Oh yeah, we kind of fucked your leg up.” Tyler shrugged. “Oops.”

I rolled my eyes and fell back on the bed, stretching my leg out and watching as Jake neared me. “Is it broken?” Tyler shook his head and I let out a sigh of relief. I noticed Jake was still coming towards me and my body became stiffer every time he stepped closer.

“What’s wrong, do I make you nervous?”

“You see, people like you cause this feeling in me to form. I mean, it gives me the urge to run you over with a bus but at the same time, it makes me want to kill you myself and not let the bus have all the fun.” I spat.

“Well doesn’t that sound fun?”

“I was hoping you’d agree.” I said, glaring at Jake. “So if you’re not going to kill me, what the hell are you going to do to me?”

Tyler and Jake pretended to think about it until Jake shrugged and neared me. “I think torturing you is our safest bet.” He said, cupping my cheek and eyeing my entire body. “What do you think Ty, should I give her a go?”

“She’s great in bed.” He said. “So easy.”

I grit my teeth and pulled out of his grasp. “Rot in hell.” I sneered.

Jake smirked and stood up. “I’ll sit on the thought. Have a nice night princess.” He said, nodding to Tyler so they left the room.

I brought my good leg up to my chest and felt a few tears roll down my cheeks. I never catch a break, do I?

Spencer’s POV

“Now as much as I want to bash this prick’s face in; we can’t just storm into the place and start shooting everything.” Dave said flatly.

“I’m sorry; does it look like I give a rat’s ass about your opinion?” I demanded, raising an eyebrow at Dave. He sighed and looked down and I slammed my hand on the table. “Tell me, does it fucking look like it?”