Chapter 13

“Look at you, being all happy and shit.” Jason said as I came down the stairs for breakfast.

I rolled my eyes and shoved his shoulder. “Shut up.”

“No, I mean it! You came down humming; you’re dressed up all pretty, a smile on your face. It’s weird, good but weird.” Jason said, scarfing down some cereal.

I wrinkled my nose at the mess he was making and looked down at my clothes. I had put on a pair of white, high-waisted shorts, a beige loose top that showed off some of my stomach, and a pair of wedges. I can see what Jason meant. I actually looked like I tried. Even with the loose fishtail braid tossed over my shoulder.

He looked at me with a smug smirk and crossed his arms over his chest. “No one asked for your opinion!” I grumbled as I grabbed a muffin out of the box.

“Free country,” He said in a sing-song voice. “You going to see Spencer?” He asked with a wink.

“Maybe,” I said shrugging. “Or maybe I’m going to badmouth you to your girlfriend.”

“I don’t think I should be worrying about you badmouthing me with her but about the fact that you tried so hard just to meet up with my girlfriend.” He said flatly.

I punched his shoulder and he laughed, pulling me in for a hug. “Now I know why you and Spencer get along so well. You’re both assholes.”

“It’s in the genes.”

“You’re not related dipshit.”

He mimicked me in a girly voice and I punched him again. “Jesus! Would you quit doing that? You hit like a man and your rings aren’t helping me out! God damn, do you sharpen those things?”

I grinned and patted his head. “That’s just to teach you not to mess with me.” I said as I grabbed my purse and car keys.

“This is a form of abuse!” Jason shouted after me.

“Suck it up and be a man!” I hollered over my shoulder, making my way to my car.

~~~

I had just punched in the code for Spencer’s gate when I noticed Hayley’s car in the driveway. I sighed and groaned, dropping my head onto the wheel.

I know I agreed to Spencer’s stupid “foolproof” plan, but it still pissed me off how he could practically fuck her and not have any repercussions. I’m not normally the jealous type but even I have my limits.

Oh well, no harm done in a little cockblocking.

I got out of the car and went up the steps to ring the doorbell. I slammed my fists on the door and tried to be as obnoxious as I could possibly be. Which for me wasn’t difficult at all. I started singing “Soon as I Get Home” by Babyface and pounding my fists even harder on the door.

Not even a minute later the door opened and a pissed off Spencer opened the door. “Do you know how early it is right now?” He bellowed.

I pursed my lips and looked down at my watch. “It’s 2:45. It’s not exactly early.”

“Somewhere in the world it fucking is! In Florida people are sleeping!”

“Actually it’s five over there.”

“Well then they’re getting ready to sleep!”

“Someone’s a little cranky there.” I said smirking.

I heard a familiar voice and I inwardly groaned and stomped my foot like the little child I mentally am. “Who is it?”

“Your best friend.” He grumbled, leaving me alone at the door and leaving it wide open.