Chapter 18

A/N If any of you know somone who can make me a cover or you can make one yourself please let me know because i'm looking for one!

...........................................................................................................................................

I pursed my lips and furrowed my brow as Spencer introduced me to our um, bodyguards.

“This is bobby,” He said, motioning to a blond. “Ricky,” he said as we passed a tanned brunette. “And Dave.”

I sized them up and nodded my head. “Kelsey,” I said forcing a smile. It was one thing to train and shit, but bodyguards? I get he’s worried but this is definitely a little too much for me.

“Oh we know sweetheart.” Ricky said.

Spencer sighed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “Right, so keep your distance but also keep your eyes on her.”

“That will not be a problem.” They snickered.

I laughed softly and pulled out of Spencer’s grip. I stepped up towards Ricky and looked him up and down. I looked back at his eyes and he was smirking down at me. “Like what you see?” He said softly.

I smirked and looked back at Spencer who looked like he was about to kill the bastard. “Spence, what was that tip you were telling me about that kick I learned the other day?”

He stopped glaring at Ricky and smirked once he caught onto where I was going with this. “Pull your leg back and point your toes.”

The smug smirk wiped off of Ricky’s face and before he could react I had kicked him the same way I had kicked Spencer, only harder. He clutched his side and I took the opportunity to knee him in the balls. “Motherf-“

“Before you finish that sentence I’m going to remind you that your ass is my boyfriend’s if you take it any further.” I said in his ear.

“Wow Spence, you trained her well I see.” Ricky said once his breathing evened out. He stood up straight and had a minor grimace.

Spencer wrapped his arm around my shoulders again and kissed my temple. “Thin line Ricky, I wouldn’t push it.” He said, smirking as he led us towards the door.

“I don’t like him.” I muttered.

“Neither do I; but it was absolutely sexy when you were acting all badass.”

I laughed and rolled my eyes. “Come on, let’s go get some lunch.” I said, pulling him out the door without looking back.

~~~~

“So are you like the leader or what?” I asked, poking at my salad.

“Huh?” Spencer asked, pulling his burger away from his mouth.

“In your uh, ‘group’ I guess. What are you?”

He chuckled and set his burger down, drinking some of his soda. “It’s not a band or something Kelsey. It’s a little more complex.

I stared at him flatly. “Complex or not there is a leader; am I right?”

“Yeah, you are.”

“So then the question is simple. Are you the leader or not?”

He sighed and crossed his arms over his chest, looking at me from across the table. “No,” I nodded my head and continued to eat. “But they fear me like one.”

I furrowed my brow and dug my fork into a piece of grilled chicken and lettuce. “So then why aren’t you?”

“Why aren’t I the leader?”