Chapter 11

“So let me get this straight. You made me shower, put make up on, straighten my hair, and get all dressed up to go to your house?” I asked Spencer as he punched the code in.

“I’m sorry; did you happen to forget I’m currently dating your best friend who’s out tonight with her mommy dearest? Imagine how bad that catfight would be.”

“Imagine how bad that catfight would be.” I mimicked in an annoying voice. “I could’ve done this in my ugly pajamas!”

“Are you a little tense? You know a little yoga can go a long way. It helps, trust me.”

“Oh my god, that explains so much!” I clapped as he took the key out of the ignition. He gave me a confused look as he got out of the car. “Yoga, that’s why your head is so far up your ass!”

“Ha-ha,” Spencer said flatly. “You know you’re really making me regret going to all this trouble.” He grumbled.

“What? Is making Ramen Noodles really that complicated for you? Oh no wait, let me guess, you ordered pizza? Mmm, yummy.” I said in an annoyed voice as I slipped my heels off.

I saw him grit his teeth and breathe through his nose. “I’m doing this to be a good boyfriend.” He chanted softly. “I’m doing this to be a good boyfriend.” He repeated.

I snorted a laugh as we walked in through the front door. I made my way into the kitchen and hopped onto his granite kitchen counter. “Spencer?” I asked, noticing that he wasn’t with me. I felt his lips on my ear and a shiver ran up my spine. “Spence?”

“Hm?” He asked, placing kisses on my neck.

“What are you up to?”

“Wait and see princes.” He said before putting a blindfold over my eyes.

“Whoa, no one ever said anything about blindfolds!” I said loudly.

I could practically hear Spencer’s eyes roll as he lifted me up off the counter. “Come on, put your shoes on.”

I sighed and did as I was told before I let him take my hand and lead me somewhere. I heard a sliding door and tripped once I realized I wasn’t on marble flooring anymore. “Are we outside?”

“Shh, you’re going to ruin the moment.”

“What ‘moment’? I can’t even see!”

“Jesus Christ, any more complaints ma’am? I’ll make sure to let the manager know.” Spencer said like one of those bored maître ‘d’s from fancy restaurants.

“It’d be greatly appreciated.” I bit back.

“Eat your heart out baby girl.” Spencer said before undoing my blindfold and showing me his backyard. I softly gasped as I saw the pool had multiple candles floating in it along with small lights hanging off the trees and scattered along his vast backyard. In front of the pool was a table set for two.

“You did this all for me?” I asked breathlessly.

“Why do you think I was too ‘busy’ to hang out with Hayley?” Spencer asked a smirk on his lips.

I smirked and wrapped my arms around him. I felt him hug me back tightly and kiss the top of my head. “Why are you trying so hard? No offense, I just don’t get it. I’ve never seen you serious about a girl.” I said, nibbling on my lip.

He smiled down at me and shrugged. “I don’t know; guess I don’t want to fuck up this time.”

I rolled my eyes and sat down at the table, watching him open up a bottle of champagne before serving it in two glasses. “You do know; you’re just too proud to admit it.” I shrugged, taking a sip of my drink.