Rough Trip

-Emily-

So the first day of practice was a little rough, but the aftermath was alright. Kelley was turning out to be a really good friend to me, my best friend actually. It's been two weeks, and we were finally heading to Canada.

Kelley and Alex were some of my best friends on this team, but I got along with everyone. Currently, I was packing with Kelley.

"World Cup!" Kelley yelled, jumping onto her bed. I laughed, grabbing my duffle bag.

"Yah, World Cup Kels, but right now we need to pack." I said, and she whined.

"No." She grumbled into her pillow. "Pack for me?" She asked. I walked over to her, grabbing her hands and pulling her off the bed.

"No." I said, and she sighed.

"Fine." She mumbled, walking over to our closet. I smiled, grabbing my clothes out of our dresser. I decided to change before out flight, so I pulled my shirt off. Tossing it in my bag, I searched for a shirt to wear. Kelley spun around, and paused.

"Kels?" I questioned, still searching for a shirt. She hadn't said anything, so I glanced over at her. She was staring at me, and I didn't really know what to say. Grabbing a Yale jersey, I quickly threw it on. "I'm gonna go get coffee." I said, and practically ran out of the room.

-Alex-

So here's the thing. I've been rooming with my best friend for the past two weeks, and it's been extremely difficult. How do you tell your best friend you have feelings for her without potentially ruining your friendship? Yah, I have no idea either. A knocking came at our door, so I went to open it. Emily appeared on the other side of the door, giving me a small smile.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey." I mumbled, as she walked in. Currently, Tobin was searching for what she wanted to wear to the airport, and was only in her sports bra and spandex.

"Oh Alex." She said, pulling me out into the hallway. Closing the door behind her, Emily turned to look at me. "Okay. I've made a few observations over these two weeks, and I totally know you're crushing on Tobin. Please, just tell her." Emily said, and I sighed.

"Yah Em, I do like Tobin, but I can't risk our friendship. What if she doesn't feel the same way?" I asked her, leaning against the wall.

"Oh believe me, she definitely has feelings for you." Emily said.

"Really?" I questioned. She nodded.

"Tobin is just as crazy about you as you are about her. Can't you tell?" Emily asked. I thought about it. Tobin always left lingering touches, and when we went to work out she never stopped looking at me. She always wanted to be around me, and I always wanted to be around her.

"Yah, a little." I said, and then sighed. "Okay, a lot." I pushed myself off the wall. "I'm gonna go talk to her." Emily nodded, then gave me a reassuring smile.

She headed off down the hallway, and I headed back into our room. Tobin was currently wearing grey skinnies and a black t-shirt with a snap back, still packing her duffel.

"Hey Toby." I said, and she smiled.

"Hey Lex." She said.

"Can we talk?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Sure thing." She said. We sat down on my bed, as I looked at my best friend. "What's up Lex?" She asked.

"Toby, during these two weeks I've been noticing some things. Actually I've been noticing things since the day we met. I know you might not feel these same things, but if I don't tell you it will eat away at me. I like you Tobin, I like you a lot. From the first day we meet, I've had these crazy feelings for you." I told her, and a small smile spread across her face.