Couch Naps and Perfect Plans

-Emily-

I stood in the stands with my purple Rush jersey on, bouncing up and down on my toes. Kelley stood beside me, her Rush jersey matching mine. Rush, 28. Little asshole stole my number.

I watched as the starters took the field, seeing Raphael take the center midfielder position. I was proud of him, but I was also pissed. The ref blew his whistle, as the game started.

---

So after the ninety minutes were up, my cousin had scored a hat trick. I was happy, but I wasn't going to talk to him. He did good, but not good enough for me to forgive him.

I watched as he signed things and took pictures. Taking a deep breath, I spun on my heel and headed for the parking lot.

He didn't need to know that I was here. I was just another fan in the crowd, I was just here to watch.

I was just a fan.

---

"Emily Jane Rush!" I heard Kelley yell. Raising my eyebrows, I grew worried. Running downstairs, I saw Kelley with her arms crossed over her chest.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We had wedding planning, where were you?" She asked, as I face palmed myself.

"I was running an errand." I said, as she sighed. "But I think you're going to be okay with what I did. Okay, just let me show you." I said, and she nodded.

Jogging upstairs, I grabbed an object off of my bedside table. Running back downstairs, I bit my lip.

"Ready?" I asked, and she nodded. Opening the small box, I showed Kelley the engagement ring I had bought her. Her eyebrows quirked up, and I smiled. "You got me a gorgeous engagement ring, and now I got you one." I said. It was a ring with a medium sized diamond in the middle, as two smaller ones were on the band.

"It's beautiful." She said, smiling at me. "I forgive you for missing planning." She said, and I smiled. Pulling out the ring, I placed it on her finger. She smiled at me, as I pecked her lips. "Hmm, okay come on." She said, pulling me to the couch.

I sat down, as she fell into my lap. Kelley wrapped her arms around my neck, and stretched her legs out across mine.

"So, flowers." She said, as I nuzzled my head into her neck.

"Roses?" I asked.

"No." She mumbled.

"Daisies?"

"No." She mumbled again.

"Lilies?" I asked.

"No." She said, as I tried to think of more flowers. "Lilacs." She said.

"What?" I asked, and she smiled.

"Lilacs. You smell like ocean and lilacs." She said, and I smiled.

"Okay, lilacs. Are we both wearing dresses?" I asked.

"I like that idea." She said, and I nodded. "Bridesmaids?" She asked.