Thanksgiving and Old Pianos

-Emily-

We pulled up in front of the O'Hara house hold, as Kelley parked the car. I opened the door, as Nike jumped off my lap. Crawling out of the car, I heard yelling.

"They're here!" Someone yelled. I recognized it as the voice of Erin O'Hara. "They're here!" She yelled again, as the door swung open. Erin ran straight at me, and jumped in my arms. I grabbed onto her with my good arm, as she wrapped her legs around my waist.

"Hey Erin." I laughed, as she squealed.

"I missed you!" She yelled, as I laughed again.

"Love you too, Erin." Kelley said, as she grabbed our small bags.

"Hey! I do love you, but this girl almost got her ass blown up." She said, as I tensed. "Sorry, but you scared the shit out of me."

"I'm glad you were worried." I said, and she jumped down from my waist.

"Come on, everyone's waiting." She said, as I picked up Nike. We walked inside the house, as everyone smiled at us.

"Welcome home!' They all yelled, as I set Nike down. She hid behind my legs, and everyone laughed.

"Hey guys." Kelley said, as she hugged her mom.

"Hi Karen." I said, as she came over and hugged me.

"Emily sweetie, what happened to your arm?" She asked, pulling back to look at me.

"In Paris. I was in the square when the first bomb went off, and something hit my back and knocked me unconscious. Once I first hit the ground, my bone split horizontally. I was then arm down to the ground, and all the vibrations continued to crack the bone." I explained.

"Damn." Erin said, and I laughed.

"That sounds awful." Karen said.

"Eh, it's not so bad." I said. "My doctor thinks I'll be okay for the last couple of games in the club season." I said.

"Is it safe to play in Paris with PSG?" Erin asked.

"Um yes, but I'm not going to be playing with PSG." I explained.

"What, why? Is something wrong?" Karen asked.

"Nope, nothing's wrong. But after the bombing PSG offered everyone open contracts, and I took it. Sky Blue then offered to pick up my contract on a request transfer." I said.

"You're-playing for Sky Blue?" Karen asked.

"Yah, and I'll be living here in the states with Kelley." I said. Karen then pulled me into another hug, as she went up on her toes to kiss my temple.

"Oh you have no idea how much we love you Emily, and I'm glad you'll be here, safe." Karen said, as I smiled.

"I love you guys too, and I'm glad to be here to." I said, as Karen pulled away from me.

"Come on, let's all get ready for dinner." Karen said, leading us into the kitchen. Nike fallowed us into the kitchen, laying down under the table.

"Kel, what'd you guys name your dog?" Erin asked.

"Nike." She said, as she helped her mom with some food.

"Why?" Jerry asked.

"Em, care to explain?" Kelley asked, as I got the water pitcher from the fridge.

"Nike is the Greek goddess of victory or accomplishments. I figured that getting a puppy was our first accomplishment together as a couple. I then figured that this puppy would bring us happiness as we went on in life, and that was a victory. So I thought Nike was a good name." I explained.