Revenge and Attacks

-Alex-

Game day.

Game freakin' day!

World Cup finale, the championship. USA vs. Japan. This time, we would be the winners. It was our turn to show off, it was our turn to be the champions.

We were not going to go down without a fight. There was only one option for us today.

Win.

---

Hearing the crowd roar, I took a deep breath. Bracing my hands on either side of the tunnel walls, I felt my heart beating in my ears. Carli stood at the front of our team, the captains band secured around her arm.

"I believe that we we will win." Carli said.

"I believe that we will win!" Emily yelled.

"I believe that we will win!" We all yelled, hitting the tunnel walls.

"Let's go!" Carli yelled, turning around and running out of the tunnel. We all fallowed, yelling out in response. The crowd yelled and cheered for us, as we ran to our side line.

After Carli did the coin toss, it was decided that we got ball. I walked out to the center circle with Emily, the ball under her arm. We walked into the center circle, Em dropping the ball at her feet. We looked around, taking it all in.

"Can you believe it?" I asked Emily, as she smiled at the crowd.

"It's going to take me awhile to actually believe I'm here, right now." She said, laughing out.

"Yah ready kid?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Hell yah." She said, and I smiled.

After everyone was set, the ref blew his whistle. I rolled the ball forward, who passed back to Tobin. Tobin dribbled up field, taking a far out shot. It bounced off of a defenders body, and went out for a corner. We were red minutes in, as Pinoe took he corner. She she the ball in perfectly to Carli, who flicked the ball at goal. It rolled past the goalies fingers, and right into the goal. Carli jumped up, yelling out. We all smiled, and ran and hugged Carli. 

We soon reset, and the game was off again. In the sixth minute, we got another corner. Pinoe took it of course, and sent it towards JJ. Julie flicked the ball, not even being able to see it, and sent it perfectly to Carli. Carli flicked the ball with her left foot, and watched it fly into the back of the net. Carli yelled out again, as the crowd cheered. JJ ran to Carli, pulling her into a hug. In six minutes we already had two goals. This was looking great so far.

We reset yet again, and waited for the whistle. Once it blew, Japan attacked. In the mid field, Tobin got the ball. She sent it up to Emily, who was perfectly aligned with Japan's back line. She got a break away, a Japan defender trailing her. We all thought Emily was going to get the goal.

We thought.

She was in the box, ready to take a shot. The goalie ran out on Emily and the defender. The Japan defender that was trailing Emily tried to reach the ball. Instead she threw her leg out, colliding her cleat with Emily's head. As Emily started to fall forward, the goalie was already sliding. The defender turned her foot as she fell, scrapping her cleats across Emily's face. The goalies cleats came forward, colliding with Emily's head.

It all happened so quickly, none of it seemed real. Before we knew it, the collision happened and Emily was crumpled on the turf. The ref blew his whistle, signaling for play to stop. The stadium fell quiet, as we all just stood there. None of us knew what to do, none of us believe that this was real. From here I could see the blood pouring onto Emily's white jersey. Running across the field, I dropped to my knees. Looking down on Emily, I gasped. I saw her nose broken in two places, white sticking out from her tan skin. Her lip was split and her eyes were already swollen. Large gashes ran across her forehead and her jaw, blood staining her skin.