Friendships and Hospital Trips

-Emily-

Kelley and I were taking a flight to Portland to see Alex and Tobin, and other players on the team were coming out too. I was excited to see my best friend.

After mine and Kelley's plane landed, we waited for Alex and Tobin. They wanted to pick us up and take us back to their house. Tobin and Alex both signed a two season contract to play with Portland, and decided to buy a house together.

I held Kelley's hand, as we walked out to the main part of the airport. I had my backpack slung over my good shoulder and around my sling, as Kelley had her backpack and carried another bag. We walked around the corner, and saw Alex holding a sign that said,

"O'Rush, #5 and #28."

I smiled, and glanced over at Kelley. We walked over to our two friends, and I saw Alex crying. She handed Tobin the sign, and dove into my arms. I wrapped my good arm around her neck, nuzzling my head into the crook of her neck. I felt her hot tears hit my cheek, as I cried into her shoulder.

"You scared me." Alex whispered into my ear. "You scared me so much."

"I'm sorry." I said, brushing my cheeks against her shoulder.

"I'm just glad you're okay." She said, pulling away to look at me. Alex brushed the pads of her thumbs over my cheeks, whipping away my tears.

"Come on guys, we've got people waiting to see you." Tobin told us. I pulled away from Alex, and took Kelley's hand. The two lead us out to a black Chevy, as Tobin opened the trunk. Kelley took my backpack off, and tossed it in the trunk. We then climbed in the back, as Alex got in the drivers seat.

We had been driving for a few minutes, and Alex kept glancing over at Tobin. Tobin hadn't caught her yet, until she finally did look over at Alex.

"What are you looking at?" Tobin questioned.

"Nothing." Alex said, as she glanced over at Tobin again.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Nothing." Alex said, laughing.

"What do you want?" Tobin asks, as she caught Alex looking at her again.

"What do you want?" Alex mocked.

"I want you to keep your eyes on the road." Tobin said, motioning in front of her.

"Fine, fine." Alex said, looking back out at the road. The rest of the ride I noticed a smirk on Alex's face.

We soon pulled up in front of a medium sized off-white house. I noticed few other cars out in front of the house, and quirked an eyebrow. Opening the car door, I climbed out of the backseat. Kelley grabbed her backpack and our other bag, as I picked up my pack. Throwing it over my shoulders, I waited for Alex and Tobin.

"Come on guys." Alex said, motioning for us to fallow. I walked up the small cement path, and to the front door. Alex opened the door, and revealed a large living room. In the living room I saw several of my national teammates, and smiled. Hope, Carli, Christen, JJ, Ali, Ash, Moe, Kling, Pinoe and Whitney. Smiling, I locked eyes with Ash.

"Get over here." Ash said, and I threw my bag off of my shoulders. Running at her full force, I jumped up and wrapped my legs around her waist. Wrapping my good arm around her neck, Ash wrapped her arms around my waist.

Me and Ash were a lot alike. Both of our girlfriends liked to party and have fun, when we preferred to watch a movie. We both kind of had messed up childhoods, and we both expressed ourselves with art. A lot of people on our team thought mine and Ash's tattoos were just random, or spur of the moment ideas, but we knew they were much more. Our tattoos expressed emotions, and emotional scars we've never told anyone about.