Recoveries and Flights

-Emily-

"Alright Emily, let's just star with your name." My doctor said.

"Em-" I got out, before my voice cracked and my throat hurt.

"Easy, we'll take it slow here." Dr. Rivera said, and smiled at me. She was a nice middle aged women, who was our main doctor here in the U.S.

"Em-ily, R-ush." I spoke, scraping noises escaping my throat. I coughed, and rested my hand against my bruising jaw.

"Good, good. Now let's go to your age." She said.

"Twen-ty, two." I got out, and she smiled.

"That's good. I'll get someone to come in and give you some more fluids in your IV. I'll leave you two, but try keeping the talking to a minimum." Dr. Rivera said, and I nodded.

"Thank you." Kelley said, as the doctor walked out. I turned my head to look at Kelley, and smiled at her. "I've missed your smile." She said, as I pulled her into the hospital bed with me.

"I've mis-sed, smil-ing." I rasped out, as she pecked my cheek.

"I've also missed your voice, three weeks was a long time." Kelley said, and I nodded. Nuzzling my head into her side, I took in her scent. I felt her trace her fingers over my newly found scars, and I sighed.

"Do th-they look b-ad?" I asked, as I pulled back to look at her.

"No, you're beautiful Emily. These scars mean nothing to me, they just make you stronger." She told me, and I smiled at her.

"I l-lo-" I got out, before my throat started to scratch.

"I know. I love you too." She said, kissing my bruising jaw. "I'll love you forever."

---

Pulling my beanie down over my ears, I grabbed Kelley's hand. She intertwined our fingers, and glanced over at me.

"You good?" She asked me, and I nodded. We headed inside the hotel, and towards the conference room. Kelley gave my hand a small squeeze, as we walked into the conference room. Once the doors closed behind us, all of my team looked back at me. It was quiet, and no one spoke. I looked different.

I had two defined scars running across my jaw, and another defined one across the bridge of my nose. My nose was also indented slightly, and another defined scar ran through my left eyebrow. Some fading scars ran across my temple and forehead, the ones I received when Hope fisted me in the face. I smiled at my teammates, and they still just looked at me. All of the sudden, Alex jumped from her seat and ran to me. She picked me up, and wrapped me in her arms.

"You're okay!" She yelled, as everyone else on my team came and ran at me. I smiled, as Alex laughed. "You scared the crap out of us." Alex said.

"We missed you Baby Rush!" Tobin yelled.

"I-mis-sed you guys t-oo." I rasped out, as Alex slowly set me down.

"Woah, are you okay Em?" Abby asked, and I nodded.

"St-ill get-" I took deep breaths, trying to get words out.

"She's still trying to get her voice back." Kelley explained, and I nodded.

"You look bad ass Em." Hope said, and I smiled.

"I did-nt bef-ore?" I asked, and they all smiled.

"No, you defiantly did." Christen said.

"Are you ready for our last four victory tour games?" Alex asked, and I nodded.

"Hell-yah."

-Kelley-