Pick Up and Harsh Conversations

-Kelley-

The next morning I was sitting on the bed in Alex and Tobin's guest room, scrolling through my phone. I felt Emily squirm beside me, nuzzling her head into the sheets. I smiled, placing my hand on her bare shoulder.

"Humph." Emily mumbled, as I ran my fingers through her hair. She pushed herself up off the bed with her good arm, and then plopped her head down on my chest.

"Morning sunshine." I said, as she nuzzled her head into my neck.

"Morning." She mumbled. I traced my finger over her handprint tattoos, as she kicked her feet out from under the blankets.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

"Fine, but my back hurts." She said, and I nodded. Grabbing her pill bottle, I quickly read the instructions. Pulling out two pills, I made Emily sit up. She propped herself up with her good arm, as I slipped the pills in her mouth. I placed a water bottle to her lips, as she took a drink. "Why thank you." She mumbled.

"You're welcome." I said, as she laid back down onto my chest. "So, you called me Kiki last night." I said, and I felt her quirk her eyebrow against my shoulder.

"Kiki?" She mumbled into my neck.

"Yah." I simple said, as she sat up.

"I've never called you that before." She said, and I nodded.

"I know, but I liked it." I said, and she smiled.

"Why did I call you it?" She questioned.

"Well, you were all hopped up on pain medication. So that might have done it." I said, and she laughed. "But you can still call me it. I like it."

"Alright, Kiki. What are we doing today?" She questioned.

"Well first, you need a change of clothes. You've been wearing that same sports bra for at least four days." I said, and she faked a laugh.

"Fine, then help me change." Em said, as she paused herself out of bed. Her long tan legs hit the floor, as her back muscles clenched. Her left arm was tightly secured to her chest thanks to her sling, and the bandages on her back were slightly stained with red.

I climbed out of the bed, walking after Emily. Grabbing one of her sports bra, I stepped up behind her. Helping her take her sling off, she still clutched her arm to her stomach. I pulled her sports bra off over her head, tossing it on the floor. Smiling, I kissed her neck.

"I thought you were just helping me change?" She asked, as I tried kisses up to her ear.

"A little detour won't kill anyone." I mumbled against her skin. Spinning her to face me, I locked our lips. I felt her abs press against my stomach, as I latched my lips to her neck. She moaned out, as I scratched at her shoulders.

"Kel-breakfast. Alex-wants everyone-down." Emily stuttered out.

"You're no fun." I whined out.

"You said you'd help me change, not jump my bones." She argued back. "Now come on, or else I'll have to go down to breakfast without a bra on and tell everyone about what you just tried to do."

"Fine, fine." I mumbled, pulling her sports bra down over her head. Letting the elastic settle into place, Emily went and grabbed some of my Stanford sweatpants. I grabbed some black athletic shorts, and one of Emily's Yale t-shirts. One both of us were changed, we headed downstairs for breakfast.