Club Night

-Alex-

I sat a table with Tobin and Kelley, waiting for breakfast. Emily wasn't down yet, and Kelley didn't know why. The rest of the team had filled in, taking seats. Soon, Emily came down. She had her hair up in a high ponytail, with joggers and a jersey on. Her turf burn was revealed to us, and it was bad. Large black and purple cuts covered the side of her face, red around the edges. She came and sat down by us, holding her head in her hands.

"Hey Em." I said. "How are you?"

"I'm alright." She mumbled, pulling away her hands to look at us. Her turf burn look like it was burning, making her head pound.

We soon all ate breakfast and then headed to the gym. I walked in with Tobin, me in a sports bra and spandex and Tobin in a muscle shirt and athletic shorts. We started doing warm ups, and then Emily and Kelley came in. Both in sports bras and athletic shorts, but Emily's stomach looked like it was carved from stone. Six muscles etched from her skin. Her and Kelley started doing warm ups with a medicine ball, as the rest of our team came in.

After we did are weight session at the gym, we headed to the pitch. We walked out onto the pitch, getting ready for practice. I slipped my shin guards in, tying up my cleats. I watched Tobin juggle, doing around the worlds and rainbows. Smiling, I stood up to join her. The rest of the team joined us, doing some small drills. We then worked on crosses, Pinoe taking them of course. It would be Julie and Becky coming up from defense to be in the box, and then just about everybody else on offense. Pinoe took the corner, as the ball floated over to the opposite side of the box from me. I saw someone jump, as their head collided with the ball. I didn't realize who it was until the ball soared into the back of the net. Emily had the header into the net. Tobin walked over to me, as Pinoe set back up.

"This girl can't miss." She said to me, as Emily fixed her pre wrap.

"I know, it's insane." I mumbled. Tobin went back to her positions on the field, as we continued to do corners.

---

Practice soon ended, as we all headed back to the hotel. Tomorrow was our day off, so Jill was allowing us to go out as a team. I went to Kelley's and Emily's room to change, as Emily came to our room. As I was leaving, I ran into Emily.

"Hey Em." I said, as she smiled at me.

"Hey Alex. Kelley's a little hectic right now. She can't figure out what to wear." She told me, and I nodded. I think I knew why Kelley was hectic.

"Guess I should hurry up and go help her then." I said, and she nodded. "See yah Em." I said, as she entered my room. I quickly made my way down the hallway, walking into Kelley's room.

When I walked in, dresses and skirts were everywhere around the room. Kelley was standing in spandex's and a tank top, her hands in her hair.

"Kelley, calm down." I said, as she turned to look at me. "What's going on?" I asked.

"I don't know what to wear." She said.

"Okay, Kelley, what's really bothering you?" I asked, making her sit down. She took a deep breath.

"Have you ever had feelings for someone who's a close friend to you?" She asked. No, I thought to myself. "Of course you have, stupid question." She said, as I quirked my eyebrow at her. "Well, how do you tell that person you like them?"

"I'm not sure if I'm the one to ask." I said, as she glared at me.

"I know you and Tobin are together, don't act like you're not." She said, flopping back onto her bed.

"How-how do you know?" I asked.

"I saw you two kissing in the locker room this morning. I forgot pre wrap and came back to get some, when I saw you two." She said, and I nodded. We were kissing this morning. "Alex, help me." She said.