Silence and Phone Calls

-Alex-

Tobin and I caught the soonest plane to New Jersey after we heard the news. I was sleeping, but Tobin was watching the game. She heard the bombs go off, she saw the people's reactions.

Currently me and Tobs were in a taxi to Kelley's apartment. I was worried about her. I held Tobin's hand across the seat, taking deep breaths.

"She'll be okay." Tobin said, breaking the silence.

"Which one?" I questioned.

"Both of them." She replied, running her thumb over my hand. The taxi soon pulled up in front of Kelley's apartment, as Tobin got out to get out bags. I was currently paying the man, trying to figure out a tip. He turned up the radio, the news blaring.

"Paris has turned off all of their lights. The Eiffel Tower has gone dark. It's lights have not been turned off since it was built. The tragedy that struck the town square has left hundreds dead."

"Can you-turn that off. Please?" I questioned.

"Yah. It's a shame what happened." He said, as he turned off the radio.

"Yah. It is." I mumbled. Paying the man, I gave him a small smile. Climbing out of the cab, I walked over to Tobin. The taxi drive off, as we headed into the apartment building. Walking up a few flights of stairs, we finally made it to Kelley's apartment.

Taking a deep breath, I knocked on her door. It slowly sung open, as I then pushed the door all the way open. Gasping, I took a step into Kelley's apartment. Broken glass was everywhere, and holes were in the walls. Pans were broken on the floor, and the counter top was dented. The tv was broken and laying on the floor, as the coffee table was shattered and various pieces stuck in the walls.

Kelley was sitting on the floor, her back against the wall. Silent tears fell down her cheeks, as she clenched her fists. Dried blood ran down her hands and forearms, pieces of drywall stuck in her knuckles. Blood was on the front of her shirt, and stained her chin. A cut was on her cheek, and her body trembled. I slowly walked over to her, and kneeled down in front of her. She looked up at me, her eyes bloodshot.

Instead of yelling or screaming at me, she collapsed onto my chest. I wrapped my arms around her, engulfing her in a hug. Kissing the top of her head, I rocked her back and forth. Fully sitting down on the ground, Kelley practically sat in my lap. Running my fingers through her hair, I tried to calm her down. Tobin came and sat down next to me, resting her hand on Kelley's knee.

I began to cry now, feeling the hot tears roll down my cheeks. Kelley was sobbing uncontrollably into my shirt, as I felt my tears roll of my cheeks. I hated seeing her like this, so upset. But I also couldn't control myself. My best friend was just in a city that was bombed, and I didn't know how she was.

"I'm so scared." Kelley whispered out, and I nodded my head.

"I'm scared too, Kel. I'm scared too." I whispered.

The three of us sat like this for a long time, crying. We didn't talk, we just cried. We finally got up after maybe an hour of crying, and brushed ourselves off. I went into the bathroom and for some gauze and alcohol.

Tobin had started to pick up the coffee table pieces and the glass, as I cleaned up Kelley's hands. Cleaning the dried blood from her hands, I picked the pieces of drywall from her knuckles. Applying alcohol to her cuts, I placed gauze over her knuckles. Wrapping her hands, I then cleaned her cheek. Placing a small bandage over her cut, I then whipped the dried blood from her chin.

She had explained to me that the blood on her chin was from her throat. I had figured she spit it up after screaming her throat raw. Kelley couldn't really talk much, her voice raspy and weak. I sat Kelley down on the couch, as me and Tobin cleaned up the kitchen and living room. We wouldn't know if Emily was okay until she contacted us. The power in Paris had been shot off, so she wouldn't be able to call.