Letters From Old Friends

-Emily-

~4 years later~

I walked into my house, and sighed out. My mail was on the floor, as it had been pushed through the mail slot this morning. Kicking off my shoes, I then took of my wet winter coat. Keeping my now old and tattered USA beanie on, I headed upstairs. Walking down to my daughters room, I slightly cracked the door.

They were both fast asleep in their beds, the night light in the wall projecting a small illumination. Letting a small smile fall on my lips, I closed the door. Heading back down the stairs, I collected the mail that was on the floor.

Walking into the kitchen, I dropped the envelopes on the island. Opening the fridge, I grabbed my leftover smoothie from this morning. Shaking it slightly, I then took a sip.

Walking back over to the kitchen island, I shuffled through the letters. Bill, bill, soccer camp for the girls, bill-

"Alex?" I whispered to myself.

The letter in front of me was addressed to me, and sent from one Alex Heath-Morgan. Grabbing the envelope, I tore open the back side. Pulling out a neatly folded letter, I took a deep breath. Opening, I began to read.

Emily,

Um, it's me. Your best friend, the girl you haven't talked to for four years. Well, I just wanted to say hi. And since you're not answering my calls or texts, I guess this is how I have to communicate with you.

So Beck misses you, terribly. He always asks me if we can see you, and I have to tell him no, not today. I had my baby three years ago, it was a girl. We named her Emma, but we call her Em. I think you can guess why. Beck is now five, and is so handsome. He has Tobin's eyes, Tobin's smile, he had Tobin's everything. And Emma, has my eyes, my hair, but still has Tobin's amazing smile. She reminds me of you.

Ash and Ali say hi too. Eli is now only a little younger then Beck, and he's just like Ash. He has that crazy bright blonde hair, and hazel eyes. Ray is a little older than Emma, and is just like Ali. Sometimes I can't believe that those two are siblings. Ray has Ali's jet black hair, and deep brown eyes.

Julie and Chris also miss you. Athena, or Attie, that's what we call her, looks just like Chris. She's the oldest three year old. She has that same dark hair, but has Julie's bright blue eyes. They also had another baby, soon after you left from camp. Her names Kiki. Chris and Julie loved your nickname for Kelley so much, that that's what they named their daughter. She's the youngest three year old, but most of them are almost four.

Hope and Carli miss you guys too. Weston is five, and so cute. He looks and acts just like Hope. Dark brown hair, bright blue eyes, and a sullen attitude. But he's all warm and fuzzy on the inside, just like Hope. They actually had two more kids. Carli got pregnant the week after you left, and nine months later she had another baby. They have a three year old girl named Spencer, and a two year old girl named Amelia. None of us ever thought that they would have the most kids.

We all miss you Em, but I miss you the most. I really miss you. You're my best friend, you're still my best friend. I love you, and I'm worried about you. I get things are hard, like really hard, but don't shut us out. Don't shut me out.

I get that four years ago, Kat got sick, and I'm so sorry for that. I'm also so, so, so sorry that she passed. That was something you shouldn't have to go through. And Gwen, what Gwen did was something none of us ever expected. But we're here for you.

Four years ago Kelley got distant from you, and two years ago she left. Her mom got sick, she's still sick, and I'm sorry she left. But where she is now, what she's doing, she shouldn't be doing. She should be with you, and I don't know why she's not.