Pancakes and Secret Boxes

-Emily-

I woke up to the sound of a smoke detector. Christmas morning, and a smoke detector goes off. Realizing what's happening, I immediately sat up in bed. Smelling smoke, I quickly woke up Kelley. She groaned out, and hit me on the forehead.

"Stay here with Kat, keep her safe. You stay safe." I said to her, as I quickly jumped out of bed. Pulling my Yale tee down over my abs, I ran downstairs. Smoke drifted through the hallway, as I made my way into the kitchen.

Covering my nose and mouth with the front of my shirt, I stepped into the kitchen. On the stove, I saw something in flames. I then saw Erin trying to put it out. Running up beside her, I grabbed another pan, setting it over the flames. Without oxygen, the flames soon died down. Opening the patio door, I grabbed a dish cloth. Waving it back and forth by the smoke detector, it sooner stopped beeping. Walking back in the kitchen, I glared at Erin.

"What the hell Erin?" I asked, rubbing my nose. Now I smelt like smoke.

"I was trying to make pancakes." She explained.

"Who sets pancakes on fire?" I asked.

"I forgot about them. I'm sorry." She said.

"It's okay, I'm just glad you're okay." I said, pulling her into a small hug. "Here, clean out this pan and I'll start making new pancakes." I said, and she smiled.

"Thanks Emily." She said, and I smiled back at her.

"No problem." I said, as she turned away from me. "Oh, and by the way, Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas." She said back to me, and began cleaning the pan. I started making new pancakes, as everyone started coming downstairs.

"Who almost started my kitchen on fire?" Karen asked, irritated. She put her hands on her hips, pushing her robe back. She was in sweats and a tee, her hair messy around her shoulder.

"Mom." Erin said, as Karen just sighed.

"We told you Erin, you can't cook." Karen said, as we all began laughing. I flipped over some pancakes, and then placed them on a large plate.

"Who wants pancakes?" I asked, placing it on the table. Everyone immediately sat down, each grabbing a pancake. Molly smiled, and then pointed her fork at Erin.

"Let this girl cook, please dear god just let her cook." Molly said, raising her hands to the ceiling. Everyone laughed, as Molly smirked at her niece.

I finished cooking everyone breakfast, and soon sat down to eat some myself. Kelley passed me a cup of coffee, and I placed a small kiss on her cheek. Sipping the coffee, I watched sports center with Jerry and Dan.

"He look Emily, it's you." Jerry said, as I looked up at the tv. It was me. Dan turned up the volume, as I listened to the reporter.

"-Rush is up for the female player of the year award and according to Jill Ellis, a captains position on the national team. The twenty four year old forward is a force to be reckoned with. She earned the bronze boot and silver ball in this years World Cup tournament, fallowing after her fellow teammate, Carli Lloyd." The segment changed, as everyone just stared at me.

"D-did he just say what I think he said?" I questioned, firmly holding my coffee in my hands.

"Player of the year." Kelley murmured.

"Pl-player of the year." I said, placing my coffee on the small table in front of me. Slowly standing up, I took Kelley's hands in mine. Pulling her up beside me, I rested my hands on her shoulders. "I think I'm going to throw up." I said.